In this role, you have the opportunity to
Perform a variety of visual and dimensional inspection of machined, plastic and sheet metal parts including flat pattern design, fixtures, gages and completed assemblies to determine precise conformance to specifications, tolerances and workmanship standards. This person is responsible for filling out quality records in an error free manner.
You are responsible for
- Reading and understanding complex blueprints.
- Performing a variety of visual and dimensional inspection of machined, plastic and sheet metal parts including flat pattern design, fixtures, gauges and completed assemblies to determine precise conformance to specifications, tolerances and workmanship standards.
- Completing inspections and record results including generating comprehensive nonconformance reports allowing the MRB to understand the non-conformances without the need for further clarification
- Performing all duties while maintaining compliance with all regulatory and quality system requirements.
- Fine manipulation and simple grasping to utilize a computer and handheld inspection equipment.
- The candidate must be proficient in the use of precision measuring instruments to include (but not limited to):
- Depth gauges
- Height gauges
- Thread gauges
You are a part of
The first shift incoming inspection quality team at our Export location supporting our Connected Care Business.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Associates degree preferred or equivalent training, education, and/or experience.
- Must be able to inspect parts involving numerous precision tolerance dimensions, coordinated dimensions, irregular surfaces and contours, which must be inspected by precision measuring instruments from surface plate set-ups where no inspection jigs or fixtures are available.
- Knowledge and understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Must have knowledge of inspection specifications, processing, hardware and finishing specifications.
- Knowledge of cGMP, ISO and QSR requirements with a minimum of 2-4 years’ experience as a mechanical /Dimensional Inspector.
- Experience in a regulated industry (ex. Medical, aerospace, automotive, etc.) a plus
- Proficiency in Windows, MS Office Suite
- Proficiency in reading, basic math and manual dexterity
- May occasionally lift up to 30 pounds.
In return, we offer you
The opportunity to join a team, which offers tremendous growth potential, on top of ensuring Philips medical devices meet the quality required to be released for patient use.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)