Senior Architect-Product Test and Verification
In this role you have the opportunity to:
Play a critical role in ensuring the quality and safety of our healthcare products/systems by defining test/verification architecture, strategy and best practices, for Philips’ businesses across the US.
You are responsible for:
- The realization and management of product test and verification in product creation projects.
- Integrally managing the design, development, execution and reporting of all test and verification engineering activities.
- Defining and reviewing testable requirements and the development of an optimization, integration and testing strategy towards product realization.
- Liaising with test centers and lab facilities to execute the verification plan.
- Deploying best practices for requirements engineering, risk management, and test and verification management towards R&D project teams or organizations via training and coaching.
- Identify improvement opportunities in Philips businesses with respect to the Test and Verification proposition, and develop actionable proposals and plans to address these.
You are part of
Philips Innovation Services (PInS) which is a team of highly skilled, subject matter experts in a number of domains including the field of test and verification strategy definition, requirement engineering and test automation. This team actively supports complex, innovative projects for our customers from both internal Philips businesses, as well as, external companies, located all over the world. These projects can cover every phase of the product life cycle, from development, manufacturing, market deployment, operation to phase out.
For more information about Philips Innovation Services, please visit: http://www.innovationservices.philips.com/
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- PhD or Masters (MSc) degree in Physics, Electrical, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a Test and Verification lead/architect in an industrial product R&D environment
- Deep knowledge & experience in implementing test and verification best practices, fields requirement engineering, risk management and test management;
- DfSS Black Belt or equal by experience and manufacturing quality control knowledge
- Strong communication skills that enable you to gather relevant information, bring strategies that produce results and ability to generate buy-in from various stakeholders
- Analytical and architectural thinking, physical insight, continuous learning mindset and ability to create structure that leads to deliver sustainable results and creative solutions;
- US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship fora work-authorized visa.
Furthermore to be successful in this role you are:
- Motivated, self-driven with a determination to succeed and the ability to manage change
- Analytical, you are open to new ideas and believe in continuous learning in order to develop new competencies
- Customer focused, have excellent communication skills. You are a true team player
- Willingness to travel to customer’s site as needed for project definition and execution (typical travel is 25-50%)
In return, we offer you
Philips Innovation Services will provide you with stimulating challenges across a wide range of application domains, giving you the opportunity to expand your professional experience and exploit your talents to the full. Variation, job satisfaction, personal and professional development, plus an excellent remuneration and benefits package – all within a global leading-brand company that is dedicated to improving people’s lives. And most importantly, the ability to shape and grow your career in the directions you want to go.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)