Software Project Engineer
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Lead the software effort for new development projects that will help to save lives, improve patient outcomes, and reduce the cost of medicine across the global. You will play a key role in bringing innovative ultrasound software products and solutions to market.
You are responsible for
- Working with software development engineers, managers, scrum masters, and the program team to lead the planning, definition, specification, design, implementation, integration, and test of software solutions for new development projects.
- Ensuring project execution is in line with project guidelines and directives. Determines project risks, defines corrective actions, and drives projects to closure. Determines and allocates project resources in accordance with guidelines.
- Working with project stakeholders to communicate and review plans, status, project risks, metrics, and resource requests.
- Working with other project leaders, scrum masters, and product owners to manage cross-discipline and cross-project dependencies.
- Working with team members in Product/Clinical Marketing, Customer Services, and Supply Chain to ensure that implementations will meet customer and business needs.
- Leading software development efforts distributed across Philips sites in North America and India.
- Keeping abreast of developments in project management tools and processes, both internal and external. Ensures compliance to corporate and regulatory agency policies/rules/procedures.
You are part of
The Ultrasound Software Engineering team, where you will get to work with the best engineers in medical ultrasound and lead the development of ultrasound solutions that are helping to save lives every day. We have product development activities taking place across multiple locations in the United States and around the world. This position is located in Cambridge, MA.
What We Are Looking For
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
- 3+ years of software development experience.
- 2+ years experience leading software development efforts.
- Experience with working in an Agile development environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interface in a cross-disciplinary manner, including with engineers, project leaders, and functional managers.
- Self-motivated individual with good organizational and time management skills.
- Strong potential and aspiration to develop and grow in the organization.
- Experience with the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) a plus.
- Familiarity with medical devices and/or working in a regulated environment a plus.
- Experience with working in a cross-site environment a plus.
In return, we offer you
The opportunity to lead the development of technology that is a cornerstone in the Philips Healthtech portfolio and has proven to be elusive to our competitors. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits, and an atmosphere that supports your professional growth. As an international organization, Philips is well placed to offer a broad range of technical and leadership opportunities in various organizations throughout the world.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)