Research Scientist (Image Guided Therapy)
In this role, you have the opportunity to
To define, plan, coordinate, and drive research activities in image-guided interventions and surgery. This position will be located at the Philips Research North America Lab in Cambridge, MA.
You are responsible for
- Identifying new opportunities for improving image-guided interventions.
- Leveraging your broad knowledge of image guidance in interventional and/or surgical environments including algorithms and devices.
- Designing, implementing, and testing software and hardware prototypes.
- Translating benchtop prototypes into pre-clinical and clinical use.
- Conducting studies, publishing peer-reviewed manuscripts, creating intellectual property, authoring technical reports.
You are a part of
Philips has offerings spanning components, modules, systems, turnkey projects and services, and is recognized as a pioneer and leader in the healthcare industry. We simplify healthcare by focusing on the people in the care cycle – patients and care providers. Through combining human insights and clinical expertise, we aim to improve patient outcomes while lowering the burden on the healthcare system and providers. Philips delivers advanced solutions to health professionals to meet the needs of patients, and to empowered consumers for affordable healthcare whether in the hospital or at home.
We work in multidisciplinary teams. Philips Research has been one of the world’s premier research labs since 1914. We develop scientific, engineering and business innovations to enhance health and well-being.
For more information about Philips Research, please visit: www.research.philips.com
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Ph.D. Biomedical/Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, Medical Physics, or Computer Science.
- Experience with algorithm design and implementation (including registration, image analysis/processing, AI).
- Previous experience in the medical field is required.
- Experience with Ultrasound imaging and Ultrasound signal processing.
- Strong software skills (including C/C++/C#, Matlab).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The candidate would benefit from having the following skills for the position:
- Experience working with navigation solutions (e.g. optical, electromagnetic).
- Experience with medical imaging (e.g. interventional x-ray, interventional ultrasound, endoscopy, CT).
- Experience with translational research and working with clinical partners.
- Understanding of clinical workflow in interventional and/or surgical fields.
- Experience with medical devices (e.g. biopsy tools, surgical tools, catheters, guidewires, endoscopes).
- Knowledge in the area of minimally invasive solutions for structural heart, cardiac, or peripheral vascular disease.
- Experience working with ITK/VTK/OpenCV.
In return, we offer you
At Philips, we move closer to achieving our goals by creating cutting-edge solutions that lead to confident diagnosis, improved care, and increased quality of life for patients. We enable our employees to create a legacy in life through their work and support their development through people-centric learning, total rewards and personalized development planning programs. Our research and business provide unique opportunities to develop cutting edge clinical solutions and deliver meaningful solutions in the healthcare space.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)