Sales Support, Solution Architect - Digital Pathology Solutions- Pre-Sales (WEST)
In this role, you will have the opportunity to
The Pre-Sales Solution Architect is recognized as an expert in his field. You contribute your knowledge and expertise about IT solutions in customer facing pre-sales solution design activities to support sales. Based on your broad knowledge of IT systems & services architecture and solution design in the healthcare industry you have a central role within the sales team. You are recognized as an IT Solutions architect within Philips Digital Pathology Solutions. This role will be responsible for a Western US based territory.
- Actively participates in customer interviews and customer needs analysis
- Translates customer goals into a solution design exemplifying a customer specific unique value proposition
- Communicates technical aspects of IT products and services to customers and sales in clear, simple terms aligning customer goals with solution capabilities
- Assists in developing customer multi-generational plans wrt TCO, life cycle management, privacy & security and phased deployment
- Creates technical specification requirements and interface requirements for integrated solutions
- Contributes to the business case development and authors technical components of SOW, RFP / RFI / RFQ
- Provides customers with compelling demos
- Manages Proof of Concept and distills customer feedback into clear, concise actions
- Summarizes market needs and anecdotal competitive information to Product Management
- Resolves technical issues during negotiations and contracting
- Transfers technical requirements and commitments to Implementation and Integration teams
- Keeps up to date with new technology developments
The Philips Digital Pathology Solutions (PDPS) venture started May 2007. The venture is establishing a worldwide business for Digital Pathology Solutions encompassing the Philips Ultra Fast scanner for microscope tissue slides and am Image Management System within a Healthcare Informatics environment. The market launch of the first solutions was in 2011. The venture is now expanding in North America, Europa and Asia. Our mission: In a world with increasing challenges for cancer diagnostic procedures and quality of patient care we want to be number one in empowering pathologists with Digital Pathology solutions so their expertise is supported by the best pathology scanners, Image Management System and workflow solutions available. As a Pre-Sales Solution Architect you will report directly to the Head of Commercial Operations, NAM for assignments and priority setting and the Senior Solution Architect in Development, for functional process input.
To succeed in this role, you will need
- Master or Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related technical education
- 5 years experience in the medical / healthcare industry
- Experience as a System Architect or System Designer preferred
- Deep understanding of departmental and enterprise Healthcare IT information systems and systems integration
- Practical, working knowledge of Healthcare IT systems integration protocols and technologies including HL7, XML, DICOM, API and various file based information exchange methodologies
- Working knowledge of customers’ technical landscape such as Epic, LIS, voice reporting, PACS, VNA and archival solutions
- Strong business acumen – able to identify and articulate key value to customers
- Demonstrated ability to actively engage ad hoc and formalized partners
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills to find solutions to complex problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication in the English language
- Comfortable to present solutions to a broad ranges of customer representatives ranging from Engineers, developers, designers, architects, IT managers and CIO’s.
- Travel is up to 30%, may increase due to business needs
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills that demonstrates an eagerness to win
Here at Philips WE ARE Working Together for a Better Tomorrow:
Philips' dedication to enriching lives is reflected in our company, our solutions, and a commitment to our people. Philips products lead to improved healthcare, faster diagnosis and better patient outcomes. Philips employees change lives every day.
Enjoy endless opportunities to learn, and develop your career in the directions to which you aspire. Philips Healthcare is a place where you will work with others whose far-reaching ideas and accomplishments have impacted over 200 million lives already. Please help us determine what’s next. Your ideas and ability to deliver will help to transform the future of healthcare, and allow you to create your own legacy.
Thanks to our employees, we are at the forefront of the Healthcare industry. Healthcare providers, backed by our many market leading solutions, are able to diagnose confidently, improve care, and increase the quality of life for patients across North America each and every day.
Advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, health & well-being and continuous learning. Making a difference begins right here, where you come first.
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)