Senior Manufacturing Technician
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Use your technical expertise and skills to troubleshoot, support and improve equipment for our ventilator manufacturing facility.
You are responsible for
- Following specific work instructions to modify and/or repair equipment/products and carry out preventive maintenance.
- Improving machine availability and reducing breakdowns, to minimize production downtime.
- Advising in maintenance approach and updating maintenance plans to ensure quality and customer satisfaction.
- Managing and operating all preventative maintenance and calibration system labels.
- Operating independently within existing procedures, methods and techniques, while providing mentorship towards junior maintenance technicians.
- Suggesting and executing complex improvements or repairs on a significant proportion of the machinery (mechanical or electrical/electronic work included).
- Creating documentation and releasing it via simple engineering change orders.
- Optimizing lifecycle of maintenance parts and reducing cost.
You are a part of
The Monitoring and Analytics (MA) business group resides in the Connected Care business cluster. MA is a software and solutions business encompassing patient monitoring and its capabilities. Our MA solutions reach more than 370 million people every year. You will be reporting directly to the Engineering Manager.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Associates Degree (minimum) and 4+ years of in Electrical or Mechanical equipment maintenance
- 4 + years of experience troubleshooting, diagnosing and maintaining test equipment
- Experience with Process Validations (IQ at a minimum), with the ability to execute and create reports
- Familiarity with ERP systems (SAP preferred) and MS Office applications
- Ability to work independently, prioritize work and provide accurate timelines for expected completion of tasks
- Strong technical problem solving and communication skills
- Medical device repair experience (a plus)
In return, we offer you
The opportunity to work in a field that is challenging and rewarding. With this role, you will be technically challenged and have the chance to learn and work on different types of equipment.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Life at Philips is an opportunity for personal and professional growth. And a journey into the unexpected; our people often experience moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
In addition to being purpose-driven, at Philips, we deeply believe in equality and that our people should be a reflection of the society and countries in which we operate. So we value our people in all aspects of diversity, whether generational, gender, experience, ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, ability, nationality, or other aspects. We believe that a flexible and inclusive culture invites a full spectrum of ideas, opinions, and experiences into the decision-making, and strive to create it wherever possible.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page , or you can discover helpful advice from our employee blog. You can also learn about our recruitment process or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)