3.3 | Cambridge, MA | Hospital & Health Care | 10000+ Employees

Posted 2 weeks ago on May 15, 2020

Assembler Technician, Second Shift

Full-time in Gainesville, FL
Philips is a hospital & health care company headquartered in the Cambridge, MA area with 10000+ employees. Philips has a 3.3-star InHerSight Score, based on 1,181 ratings from 82 employees. 23 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

Assembler Technician, Second Shift

In this role, you have the opportunity to

Set and operate production equipment for the purpose of assembling our MRI coils during our second shift, 3:30pm to 12:00am.

You are responsible for

• Performing various repetitive electronic assembly operations on components or subassemblies (under supervision).

• Using schematics or blueprints, wiring lists, and verbal and written instructions to assemble, modify, rework, or reassemble units

Properly executing the established process and the process parameters

• Basic electrical testing

• Reporting abnormalities/failures to foreman

You are a part of our Manufacturing Team in Gainesville, FL., Invivo Corporation, a subsidiary of Philips Healthcare and world leader in MRI coils and related accessories.

Our vision is to deliver clinical solutions to our customers, whether indirectly through Original Equipment Manufacturers of MRI scanners, or directly to clinical MRI users. Our history is grounded in the expert development of MRI coils and more recently in the development of integrated clinical solutions like Functional MRI and the DynaCAD breast imaging system. Research and advanced development are at the core of the future of the MRI field and are a key part of Invivo's strategy for growth.

To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience

- High School Diploma/Associates Degree or equivalent certification if applicable

- 1+ years of relevant experience in a manufacturing type environment

- Ability to work during our second shift, 3:30pm to 12:00am.

- Experience with soldering, constructing or assembling an entire product or component of a product

- Ability to position, align, fasten and install piping, fixtures, or wiring and electrical components to form assemblies or subassemblies, using hand tools, rivet guns, and soldering equipment

It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.  Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.