Senior Manufacturing Engineer
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Initiate and lead multi-disciplinary change, manufacturing and industrialization projects at the business level.
You are responsible for
- Developing and implementing new methods of working and manufacturing.
- Providing technical leadership to resolve manufacturing and quality problems, including yield and nonconforming products.
- Driving corrective actions with appropriate and detailed follow up.
- Identifying, analyzing and implementing cost reduction projects, cycle time improvements and lean manufacturing techniques to improve product cost structure.
- Executing design and process validation activities, including statistical analysis, similarity and testing for manufacturing changes, as well as the introduction of new assembly/test equipment.
- Collaborating with other groups such as R&D, Quality, Project Management, Regulatory, Supplier Quality, Purchasing and Marketing, to develop new processes and transition new ventilator designs into manufacturing.
- Identifying, specifying and coordinating the installation of new manufacturing equipment and upgrades for process improvement.
You are a part of
The Monitoring and Analytics (MA) & Therapeutic Care business group, within the Connected Care business cluster. The Connected Care business is bringing together monitoring and therapeutic devices, software and services to create smart solutions to deliver on the quadruple aim of value-based healthcare (improved health outcomes, improved patient experience, improved staff satisfaction and lower cost of care). You will report to the Engineering Manager.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering (preferred), other majors considered
- 5+ years of manufacturing engineering experience including process and equipment improvement
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead projects and lead/work with others in cross functional teams
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to provide technical leadership in ambiguous situations
- Lean manufacturing experience in a regulated environment (medical device preferred)
- Demonstrated experience with the validation, documentation and manufacturing
In return, we offer you
The opportunity to work with and gain expertise on our life saving medical devices. You will have the chance to collaborate with numerous cross functional groups, while changing the way we work more efficiently.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)