Radiologist Support Assistant
In this role, you have the opportunity to
oversee and ensure that the exams coming from the Philips Direct Radiology sites will be complete for the radiologist, read in a timely fashion, and that any communication of critical findings will be communicated to the care provider and ensure physician to physician communication as needed. They will liaise between staff radiologists and site personnel to ensure efficient, high quality patient care and safety.
You are responsible for
- Monitor and manipulate Emergent and Non-Emergent workflow platform queues to ensure that cases are getting processed within their designated turn-around times.
- Call the on-call radiologist(s) on to ensure no study delays during times of increased volumes
- Liaise with hospitals/sites covered by Direct Radiology to resolve problems, whether these issues are in regard to a specific case or in general
- Communicate any critical findings to the care provider and document the communication appropriately in the PACS system.
- Complete support request submitted by radiologists for missing images, reports, exam information, connection to a referring provider, additional history or any request to effectively complete a quality read for a patient/client
- Assign and follow up with site/customer addendum requests
- Answer incoming phone calls with a polite manner and assist the caller in any way possible
- Assist other staff members with duties when appropriate
- Document any issues that arise throughout the shift in the Shift Change Summary Report and notify the Supervisor, Manager and/or the appropriate department
- Follow up on any issues that occurred during the shift and make sure that there was complete resolution.
- Contact and follow up with IT regarding any IT issues that occur for staff and radiologists
- Liaise with the radiologists and assist with any questions, queries and/or concerns
- Maintain a professional and polite demeanor while interacting and communicating with other staff members, radiologists and site medical staff and personnel
- Monitor incoming orders to recognize unmatched studies that are in danger of delay due to inadequate processing
- Monitor queues outside of Philips DR for studies to be assigned to specific radiologist i.e. Ultralinq
- Monitor the radiologist schedules documenting any deviations, recording break times, and other times when the radiologist is unavailable to read
- Direct communication with radiologists if they have not arrived for their schedule shifts
- Monitor the contractual hours of clients and communicate to appropriate site/department when exams arrive outside of contractual hours
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Possess adequate knowledge of anatomy, physiology and medical terminology
- Possess adequate computer skills and computer program knowledge
- Previous employment that proves the employee has had experience in a fast-paced medical or customer service environment delivering high quality patient care and/or service
- Comfortable with on-call a minimum of two 12 hour shifts per month
- Must be comfortable working third shift
- Ability to have direct ethernet connectivity at workstation, with a speed requirement of 5+Mbps down and 2+Mbps up. Exceptions to this for specific positions within the Company must be presented for approval prior to employment.
- Experience as and Radiology Tech preferred
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)