Quality Engineer - CAPA
In this role, you have the opportunity to
As the incumbent of this Quality & Regulatory (Q&R) role within Philips, your challenge will be to guide and support Business Groups, Markets and enabling functions to always do the right thing. This involves being a confident advisor on approval, regulatory compliance and quality management related topics, in order to achieve timely releases of innovative products that deliver high quality and outstanding reliability to the lives they will improve.
You are responsible for
- Act as a Project Manager to drive CAPAs through closure with internal CAPA owners.
- Triage and root cause investigation of newly opened CAPA Requests
- Work with Subject Matter Experts and Element Owners as needed to gather information and investigate issues
- Gathering data from many systems for analysis
- Triage completed investigations for CAPA Review Board
- Independently produces and completes CAPA record
- Ability to assess risk as it pertains to the CAPA
- Responsible for performing timely, detailed CAPA engineering tasks like: assessing issue descriptions, reviewing CAPA data sources, assisting with root cause analysis and quality problem solving.
- Represent CAPAs during audits and CAPA Review Board meetings.
- Analyze quality monitoring data sources and apply statistical techniques to identify existing and potential causes of non-conformances.
- Perform periodic trend analysis and corrective action effectiveness measures of all quality system events and identify opportunities for improvement.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
A person who is excited by the unique professional challenges that our Quality Transformation presents, has strong technical competencies, and demonstrates resilience challenging, often demanding situations. We are looking for a perfectionist- a fixer who continuously strives for excellence as a way of life; not just as a job. We’re looking for someone who can inspire others to adopt this mentality of prioritizing quality above all else in a relentless pursuit to improve the quality of life billions for the billions of people Philips brand touches each year.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or scientific-related field or equivalent technical experience
- At least 1 year of experience with CAPA
- Able to understand and analyze complex problems, including software and hardware design issues.
- Demonstrated knowledge of tools and techniques required to perform thorough root cause analysis and develop strong investigations.
- Strong understanding of appropriate global regulations, requirements, and standards such as 21 CFR Parts 803, 806, and 820, ISO 13485, ISO 9001 and ISO 14971.
- Demonstrated ability to partner with the business and effectively interact with and influence employees, and managers on all levels.
- Strong Project Management skills, including ability to project manage all CAPA activities.
- Ability to analyze data and apply statistical techniques.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
In return, we offer you
This role comes with a competitive compensation offering and a generous holiday / vacation offering, but that’s not all. Quality is right on the top of Philips leadership agenda and that means you have the unique opportunity to come in and have a recognized voice to drive and witness exciting, transformational changes. You will be empowered to drive high quality, ground breaking innovations with a globally recognized, premium brand behind you. And when you are successful in this role’s mission, you will have an array of diverse career options open to you – across different functional areas, product lines, business groups and/or geographies. That is a commitment Philips Quality Leadership team has made and stands by.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)