In this role, you have the opportunity to
Support the Philips North America Monitoring & Analytics (MA) Sales and Service departments by utilizing your computer-aided drafting (CAD) expertise to produce layouts and drawings of medical facilities.
You are responsible for (but not limited to)
- Using various computer applications to produce layouts and drawings of medical facilities, showing equipment in appropriate locations, as well as electrical and support requirements.
- Translating verbal and/or written instructions into drawings of medical equipment to be used for architectural layouts and site planning information.
- Performing various forms of site planning technical support, including answering questions from the field relative to drawings, site planning specifications, site research, or product research.
- Participating in selected field projects to gain insight into equipment installation and use, resulting in an improved understanding of drawing preparation.
- Meeting qualitative and quantitative goals for drawing requests.
You are part of
The Philips’ Site Planning team, which is a part of the Global Business Services (GBS) North America hub in Nashville, TN – responsible for leading operational execution, reducing complexity, and increasing efficiencies as the in-house team that continuously improves performance to better support our customers. The Philips GBS Nashville hub has experienced significant growth in the Greater Nashville area since the original announcement of adding 800+ jobs in 2017. Philips is a global leader in health technology, and we are looking to build the team in Nashville with passionate, inspirational, collaborative, and diverse professionals empowering excellence around the world for Philips to achieve our mission to improve the lives of 3B people a year by 2030.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor of the Arts (BA) or Bachelor of Science (BS) degree – preferably related to engineering, architecture, biomedical, network planning, radio-frequency (RF) design, or equivalent
- Strong data entry skills
- Computer-aided drafting (CAD and/or Revit) applications
- Windows applications and operating systems
- Microsoft Excel and Visio experience strongly preferred
- Ability to communicate with a broad range of customers (both internal and external); possessing strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to translate customer requirements into technical specifications and plans
- Ability to demonstrate accountability and ownership of completed work
In return, we offer you
The ability to collaborate with, learn and grow from colleagues in a highly complex, global organization where you can use your strengths to help drive strategic business initiatives for Philips. Additionally, we provide you a dynamic working environment in an innovative business, paired with a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and a supportive atmosphere where you can sharpen your talents with new challenges and career opportunities.
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position. Candidates need to live within the territory or within commuting distance to Nashville, TN.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)