3.3 | Cambridge, MA | Hospital & Health Care | 10000+ Employees

Posted 3 days ago on June 29, 2020

Sr. Regulatory affairs specialist

Full-time in Bothell, WA
Philips is a hospital & health care company headquartered in the Cambridge, MA area with 10000+ employees. Philips has a 3.3-star InHerSight Score, based on 1,197 ratings from 83 employees. 23 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

Sr. Regulatory Affairs Specialist

The Sr. Regulatory Affairs Specialist provides regulatory leadership for BG Ultrasound product lines and is responsible to build and deliver on competitive regulatory strategies. The Regulatory Affairs Specialist works directly with regulatory agencies to achieve best possible outcomes for effective product market clearances. He / She is responsible for the coordination and preparation of document packages for regulatory submissions (FDA, Health Canada, EU Competent Authorities, CFDA, ANVISA, etc..) and to recommend strategies for clinical studies and evaluations.

You are responsible for

• Serve as the Regulatory Affairs representative for the Ultrasound group and assists with regulatory issues related to such items as labeling and marketing ideas, prepares documents required in the Development Life Cycle, and recommends strategies for most efficient and effective approvals of regulatory applications for the business.
  • Supports the cross functional teams with regulatory guidance during all design control phases of a new product or major changes
  • Is directly responsible for the coordination and preparation of document packages for regulatory submissions to the US, EU and Canada [510(k) Pre-market Notifications, PMAs, Product Reports/Supplements, US Device Listings, GUDID (UDI), Technical Files, Declarations of Conformity, Medical Device Licenses] for all manufacturing sites.
  • Provides guidance on global compliance, such as CE Marking and product registrations, clinical evaluations in accordance with MDD Annex X & ISO 14155, Canada Medical Device Regulations, etc.

To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience

• 6+ years of relevant experience in a medical device company (FDA Class I or II equivalent – Class III a plus).
  • 6+ years of experience with successful preparation and submission of 510(k), PMA, or international documents or registration and marketing of medical device worldwide.
  • Bachelor’s degree in a technical / healthcare / business discipline or equivalent Strong working knowledge of medical device regulations (21CFR) and FDA law. Excellent English skills (written and oral).
  • Certified regulatory affairs professional would be desirable
  • Background in Software as Medical Devices a Plus
  • Experienced in design control process

You are a part of

Philips imaging ultrasound machines bring innovative solutions to clinical complexity while simplifying workflow. Our suite of Ultrasound systems Philips Healthcare Ultrasound  is designed to meet the many unique challenges – you can make a difference in your new role every day.

In return, we offer you

We offer you the opportunity to grow within the organization and Philips – working cross functionally with R & D, on various projects and initiatives to drive our products to our customers and be a part of saving people’s lives every day.

It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.  Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.

#LI-PH1