Warehouse Clerk- Full Time
In this role, you have the opportunity to:
In this role, you have the opportunity to team up and take ownership of dynamic warehouse functions that require a safety conscious approach, to deliver key production and logistic support functions, working on 1st shift 7:00-3:00pm
You are responsible for:
- Receiving, unpacking, checking and stocking materials, while recording items taken from inventory and documenting when completed.
- Completing orders as part of a team or individually: picking orders and wrapping or packing orders in shipping containers.
- Addressing and labeling packages, computing freight rates, while recording the weight and cost of each shipment.
- Sorting, organizing, and marking items with identifying labels (i.e. such as inventory codes), so that inventories can be located quickly and easily.
- Reviewing and fulfilling customer orders quickly and accurately against pick tickets, while printing, picking, packing, data entering and manifesting, ensuring accurate order and invoicing for customer.
- Following all applicable procedures outlined within the quality system.
- Assuring accurate, efficient, cost effective completion of customer orders with a sense of urgency, while following safety guidelines.
- The ability to work mandatory overtime is an essential function of this role (can include Saturdays and 10 hour shifts)
You are a part of:
The Sleep & Respiratory Care (SRC) business unit, which exists to restore natural sleep and breathing. Our success spans more than three decades and can be attributed to our passion for deeply understanding the needs of the patients we serve. We leverage these insights to develop intuitive and seamlessly connected solutions that improve quality of life and help people rediscover their dreams. You will be reporting directly to the Supervisor of Distribution.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- High School Diploma or GED (REQUIRED)
- 1+ year of experience working within manufacturing or warehousing
- Experience safely and diligently operating a Forklift and Stock Picker (preferred)
- Basic Computer skills required; Microsoft Office and SAP
- Must possess positive and respectful attitude, work well with others, maintain a high sense of urgency, attention to detail, be adaptable and be safety conscious.
- Physical Requirements; this position requires the ability to move on a continuous basis in order to efficiently get to various work areas, frequent lifting up to 60 pounds and the ability to reach and ability to use fine manipulation skills
- The ability to read, speak and understand the English language is required in order to interpret the work instructions, procedures necessary to perform work tasks and comprehend the documents that comprise our Quality System, in order to comply with FDA regulations
In return, we offer you
The opportunity to drive commitment towards continuous improvement and vocalize suggestions and concerns, while assisting with idea generation for solutions. As well, help improve the line yield, determine what can be done to identify problems and aide in improving overall process to reduce errors and failures in the future.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Life at Philips is an opportunity for personal and professional growth. And a journey into the unexpected; our people often experience moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
In addition to being purpose-driven, at Philips, we deeply believe in equality and that our people should be a reflection of the society and countries in which we operate. So we value our people in all aspects of diversity, whether generational, gender, experience, ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, ability, nationality, or other aspects. We believe that a flexible and inclusive culture invites a full spectrum of ideas, opinions, and experiences into the decision-making, and strive to create it wherever possible.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page , or you can discover helpful advice from our employee blog. You can also learn about our recruitment process or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)