Senior Procurement Engineer
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Be a part of the dynamic Procurement team and represent Procurement in our Oral Healthcare Business. You work in engaging and impactful projects to bring new products to market and to deliver cost savings. You lead DfX conventions.
Do you have a sound technical background and business insight? Are you skilled in interacting with international development centers and suppliers? If you recognize yourself in the challenges and know you can contribute on this journey then apply now as a Procurement Engineer in our fast growing B2C & B2B Oral Health Care business!
You are responsible for
- Representing Procurement and driving impactful product creation projects.
- Organizing early supplier involvement with a Design for excellence (DfX) mindset, and making use of approaches like co-design or cost-reduction workshops.
- Preparing Request for Quotations and project contracts. Ensuring procurement related risks (cost, quality and availability) are controlled and mitigated, by bringing the relevant procurement colleagues in to the equation.
- Driving cost downs activities.
- Identifying strategic cost reduction opportunities for existing as well as products in development. In new product development, you drive savings in close cooperation with Marketing, Quality, SCM Development & Commodity Management.
- Delivering a significant contribution to business cases and product roadmaps. To enable this, you understand cost drivers and the power of standardization.
- Leading or participating in DfX projects driving business decisions in a convention based forum.
You are a part of
You will work in the global procurement function, and part of a team dedicated to a specific business.
You will be based in Bothell, Washington State USA.
You will report directly to the Procurement Engineering Business Partner.
You will partner and work closely with colleagues in Marketing, Innovation and Commodity Management.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Master’s degree in a relevant technical discipline.
- 8+ years consistent professional track record
- Experience in DfX, Value Engineering, LEAN or Six Sigma
- Experience in working across New Product Introduction Process
- Experience in initiating and driving cost down projects
- Knowledge of costing toolset (Should Costing, NPV, TCO) in projects.
- Ability to think strategically and delivers results.
- Understanding and ability to challenge blue prints and specifications
- Experience in international and multidisciplinary project teams is preferred
- An outstanding teammate who is both dedicated and cooperative; easily gains trust and support of peers; encourages collaboration and challenges constructively
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
In return, we offer you
Named one of the Top 50 Happiest Companies in America, we enable our employees to create a legacy in life through their work and support their development through people-centric learning, total rewards and personalized development planning programs.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)