In this role, you have the opportunity to
You will support the Image Guided Therapy (IGT) Clinical Education (Cardiac Cath Lab/Interventional Radiology) Training Team for the West Zone* by providing basic through intermediate application training in hospitals and clinics throughout the zone*. For this one, we are seeking the candidate to be located either the Fresno, Modesto, Sacramento areas. Will also consider Salt Lake City, Utah.
You are responsible for
- Conduct training at hospitals and clinics throughout North America, adhering to established Philips training processes and guidelines and established customer site policies. Assess and document user competency and award continuing education credits when appropriate.
- Contribute to the resolution of equipment and applications issues and immediately escalate any customer issues as required. Communicate status to customer. Effectively manage customer situations for best outcome. Participate in trade shows as assigned.
- Contribute subject matter to include clinical protocols, sample images and tech tips.
- Participate in projects as a project team member in order to gain insight into the business and to assist our Clinical Education Training Specialists to continually improve the quality of our training programs.
- Maintain professional license. Continue professional development including continuing education and conference attendance. Be proactive in keeping abreast of current medical knowledge and technology.
- Accurately complete and distribute all required paperwork and reports associated with training within seven days of the training. Maintain company assets (i.e. computer, company vehicle, etc.).
You are a part of
As part of the Clinical Field Education Team you will support our customers by delivering best in class training, ultimately impacting patient outcomes.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- At least three years of clinical experience in the assigned modality or two years of experience in a field applications role (Cath or IR)
- Expert knowledge of at least one current product for basic applications and one advanced application on Philips equipment is preferred. Volcano is a plus.
- Ability to utilize problem-solving, critical thinking and priority-setting skills.
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills to execute training curriculum and professionally deal with a diverse set of problematic circumstances that surround difficult or demanding customer situations in a friendly and constructive manner using adult learning based guidelines.
- Good computer skills including equipment system operation and Microsoft Office products.
- MUST: Maintain professional credential (Registered Technologist with ARRT American Registry of Radiologic Technologists) (current credential to be considered)
- MUST: Advanced certification in at least one of the following: Cardiovascular interventional radiology (CV), Cardiac Interventional radiography (CI), Vascular interventional radiography (VI) OR RCS via CCI (Must have one of the above to be considered)
- B.S. degree or equivalent preferred.
- Continue professional development including continuing education and conference attendance
- Be proactive in keeping abreast of current medical knowledge and technology
- Successfully complete the New Hire and Mentor Process
- Accurately complete and distribute all required paperwork and reports associated with training within seven days of the training
- Contribute to meeting the business objectives of zone
- Extensive overnight travel required (80%) throughout the Zone. Some weekend travel and international travel is also required.
- This position will require you to meet all customer specific mandates such as vaccinations and or screening tests.
*The Western Zone includes: AK, AZ, CA, CO, ID, HI, MT, NM, NV, OR, UT, WA, WY. For this one, we are seeking the candidate to be located either the Fresno, Modesto, Sacramento areas. Will also consider Salt Lake City, UT. Candidates must also live within close proximity to a major airport.
In return, we offer you
The opportunity to grow in your profession by becoming a subject matter expert in Guided Image Therapy, while working closely with our customers to ensure their overall satisfaction.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Call to Action / Contact
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.