Sr. Sustaining Engineer
In this role, you have the opportunity to:
Drive improvements to current products that will reduce cost, improve efficiency and/or address quality issues. As a Sr. Sustaining Engineer, you will identify, evaluate, develop, lead, validate and implement improvement projects for current products and processes according to the applicable regulations, corporate policies, guidelines and plant procedures.
You are responsible for:
- Executing design changes, navigating Design Control from Design Requirements thru Design Verification/Validation and Manufacturing Implementation
- Executing Design Verification and Validation, Equipment Validation, and Process Validation activities
- Evaluating proposed product design changes and complete deliverables required to complete the change
- Using standard statistical analysis and problem solving techniques to determine product acceptance, setting tolerances and determining critical parameters
- Defining, performing and analyzing basic linear experiments and basic DOE’s
- Supporting root cause analysis and implements corrective actions as needed
- Creating and validating new test methods
- Supporting the transfer of new designs from R&D to production
- Writing technical reports and test plans for new product development design verification and validation deliverables
- Generating work instructions, preventative maintenance schedules, documentation for components, tooling, and processes associate with new product development
- Providing direction/training to operators/technicians performing procedures
- Contributing to design documentation including input for the DHF and technical design reviews
- Communicating as a team member with other function groups, internal customers and outside vendors on a daily basis
You are a part of:
Our solutions combine navigational tools such as catheters and guide wires with advanced software to help confirm the optimal treatment at the point of care: measurement technology, procedure-specific application support and on-board imaging and monitoring with improved anatomical and functional information to optimize therapy delivery. The IGT Devices organization consists of three segments: Coronary, Peripheral Vascular and Electrophysiology.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelors of Science and a minimum of 6 years of relevant work experience; OR a Master Degree with a minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience. (Biomedical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Electrical Engineering preferred)
- Conceptualize, design, develop, and document small to medium scale new product designs, processes and test methods
- Work with a larger team on the design and development of medium to large level new product designs, processes and test methods
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Volcano IGT Devices product lines
- Demonstrate organizational and interpersonal skills working in a cross-functional, regulated environment
- Basic knowledge and experience with Regulatory requirements associated with design controls
- Ability to work in a team environment to ensure conducive working relationships
- Ability to lead a project: define deliverables, create schedule, and lead a cross-functional team
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize workflow in order to meet established time frames and schedules
- Familiarity with cardiology catheterization procedures, tools, and terminology
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project schedule development
- Experience with Solidworks
- Experience with Statistical Software applications
- Experience with C++ programming language
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python
Highly Desired Skills:
- Experience with guide wire and catheter design and manufacturing (desired)
- Experience with sensor technology and testing (desired)
In return, we offer you
We offer you the opportunity to grow within the organization and Philips – working cross functionally with R&D, on various projects and initiatives to drive our products to our customers and be a part of saving people’s lives every day.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)