Manager of Mechanical Engineering - Medical
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Lead a team in an exciting and progressive environment developing products that save lives. You will manage a part of the NPI (New Product Introduction) Mechanical Engineering Team within the R&D Department at Philips Hospital Respiratory Care division. You will be directly involved in the design and development of Hospital Life-Support and Non-Invasive Ventilators, Capnography and disposables (masks).
You are responsible for
- Day to day management of a subset of the mechanical engineering team, while reporting to the Sr Manager of ME
- Conceive, design, develop, evaluate and implement new systems and products in the field of medical gas sensor product development and sustaining engineering
- Utilize best practices in mechanical design analysis, modeling and tolerance analysis to produce a highly viable mechanical solution for micro-electronic mechanical and optical components
- Create documentation, including: component details, assembly details, incoming and finished inspection requirements, through the use of CAD as a design tool
- Responsible for all aspects of design documentation including requirements specification, engineering analysis, drawings, test plans/procedures, validation, the release of components, assemblies and products to production, and production start-up support
- Supports the manufacturing engineering team in troubleshooting and resolving issues discovered during production.
- Be a self-starter, action oriented, organized and disciplined
- Lead project team members to produce development plans and identify and mitigate development risks
- Keep abreast of technical developments in own field through literature, technical contacts and industry competition
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 10+ years experience in the design and analysis of medical devices.
- Experience leading a technical team in product development
- Experience in design and analysis of medical ventilators or medical gas delivery systems a plus.
- In depth knowledge of pneumatic systems including pressure and flow sensing.
- Experience in the design and analysis of low and medium pressure gas valves.
- Experience with low pressure gas blowers.
- Experience with Computational Fluid Dynamics.
- Experience in the design of plastic injection molded parts.
- Knowledge of ASME Y14.5 Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Proficiency with solid modeling CAD software (Pro-E/Creo a plus).
- Good mechanical aptitude and solid understanding of mechanical engineering principles.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Familiarity with FDA quality systems including ISO13485, 21CFR Part820 (a plus).
- Salary and Job Level commensurate with experience.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)