Lead Quality Control Inspector (Second Shift)
In this role, as the QC Lead Inspector, you will be responsible for assisting with the NCMR process, the calibration process, and running the day to day activities for the QC team such as assigning resources to different lines, cross training the group for maximum coverage, and driving continuous improvement within the team.
You are responsible for
- Schedule inspection coverage and approve schedule time.
- Assign routine work and special tasks to the inspectors
- Assist inspectors to answer questions related to the product inspection.
- Cross-train inspectors for flexibility and development.
- Work with other departments to resolve routine issues found during inspection tasks.
- Inspect and verify product at various levels of completion according to inspection plan.
- Document inspection data in a clear and legible fashion.
- Maintain calibration system for the gages.
- Investigate customer returned samples or retain samples and communicate the results.
- Control non-conforming product through the process until material is caged.
- Coordinate the non-conforming material disposition per Material Review Board authority.
- Control documentation and retains per work instructions.
- Develop necessary procedures, forms and systems to support the inspection function.
- Develop product master standards and coordinate its approvals.
- Participate in cross-functional back order, MRB or Lean project meetings.
- Source any necessary equipment needed to support the inspection function.
- Communication with management quality and compliance to requirements.
- Label product with acceptance labeling once product is deemed acceptable to be released.
- Following policies, work instructions and procedures.
- Perform non-routine projects as assigned by management.
- Participate and conduct risk evaluation for risk management team if needed
You are a part of:
As a result of Philips renewed commitment to Quality, we have recently restructured our organization to ensure you and your department have clear interfaces with Philips Business Group and Market leadership, and can harness the expertise of five Centers of Excellence (COEs). These 5 COEs specialize in the following capabilities: Regulatory & Clinical Affairs, Supplier Quality, Quality Management System, Quality Assurance & Engineering, and Compliance & Audit. As part of this new structure, you are empowered to use your voice and expertise to have a positive impact on your team, our business, and health technologies that will improve the health, well-being and care for people around world.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Proven ability in use of computer tools – databases, Microsoft tools
- Ability to communicate effectively internally and externally
- Strong leadership capabilities – needs to be able to drive change
- Quick decision making ability
- QC experience is ideal
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)