In this role, you have the opportunity to
Take ownership of building various components of our platform within the PerformanceBridge suite of services. Our platform and applications are continuously evolving and we are looking to add key members to the platform development team.
You are responsible for
- Implementing platform components in various languages
- Contributing to the design of future platform installation and deployment
- Contributing to the database design and management
- Identifying software solutions that meet customer needs
- Understanding and communicating customer needs and design accordingly
You are part of
Enterprise Operational Informatics business group, located in Baltimore, MD. We empower hospitals with a flexible suite of services to support continuous improvement, providing a path to help find and maximize opportunities to do more with less while maintaining a focus on patient care.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- 3+ years of professional experience developing software
- 3+ years of experience designing and maintaining databases
- Experience in multiple programming languages of different types (we use Ruby, Elixir, Python, Erlang)
- Good hands on experience with relational databases (PostgreSQL preferred)
- Working knowledge of Linux environment
- Interested in systems design and implementation
- Capable of balancing priorities from multiple projects
- US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)