3.3 | Cambridge, MA | Hospital & Health Care | 10000+ Employees

Posted 2 months ago on Sept. 4, 2020

Production planner

Full-time in Murrysville, PA
Philips is a hospital & health care company headquartered in the Cambridge, MA area with 10000+ employees. Philips has a 3.3-star InHerSight Score, based on 1,197 ratings from 83 employees. Employees have left 23 comments about their experiences working for the company on InHerSight.

Production Planner

Philips' mission to improve lives is more relevant now than ever. We are increasing production of certain critical care products and solutions to help diagnose and treat patients. In this role you have an opportunity to directly impact lives of people around the world and help solve some of the toughest challenges affecting us today.

In this role, you have the opportunity to:

The Production Planner generates a final and feasible Detailed Production Schedule (DPS), and manages buffer/ supermarket stocks based on Demand Driven Materials Requirement Planning (DDMRP) principles in Industrial Production Centers (IPCs) or Late Customization Centers (LCCs) in order to ensure inventory availability for fulfillment of customer demand.

You are responsible for:

• Generate and maintain a feasible Detailed Production Schedule (DPS).
  • Understand the Material Requirements Plan (MRP) and manage the completion of production orders in line with the plan and daily priorities
  • Release production schedules to the shop floor
  • Manage and facilitate the daily and/ or weekly planning handshake meetings with Production/ Operations Management.
  • Troubleshoot production order and materials issues

You are a part of:

Monitoring and Analytics Operations

To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:

• Associate's Degree, Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
  • Minimum of 1 year of practical experience with planning in manufacturing environment
  • Advanced computer skills with experience in ERP and Reporting systems (SAP is preferable)
  • Practical working knowledge of lean manufacturing tools and deployment of LEAN tools a plus
  • Strong verbal and written communication skills

In return, we offer you:

Sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we’re used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further.

It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.

Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran