Software Engineer in Test
In this role, you have the opportunity to
directly impact the quality of integrated health care systems that aid health care professionals to successfully treat their patients. You’ll play an integral role on this Agile Scrum team that is a part of our SaFE organization of teams working to enhance and deliver software solutions focused on the treatment of a variety of medical conditions.
You are responsible for
- Developing automated tests to verify application behavior of a FDA regulated software platform related to medical treatment and monitoring
- Designing, developing, and documenting sophisticated test automation class libraries for back-end processing, simulation of different layers within the system, and testing of the total system
- Leading test identification and confirming the validity of tests written for our software platform
- Identifying the most effective ways to use TDD and testing automation to accelerate high quality outcomes including integration into build pipelines.
- Developing features and services for a FDA regulated software platform related to medical treatment and monitoring
- Leveraging your passion for Quality by striving to improve processes, proposing best practices and driving team adoption
- Participating in design of feature and platform enhancements platform
- Participating in code review of standards, procedures, tools, and QA processes
You are a part of
This position resides in the Sleep & Respiratory Care Business Group, a business group of Philips HealthTech. We are highly dynamic, ambitious and agile within a fast changing industry. Our vision is to work hand-in-hand with our clinical and consumer customers to transform the personalized healthcare market to meet the significant demands caused by the increase of chronic conditions and an aging society. Our mission is to improve the quality of life for consumers and patients through better awareness, diagnosis, treatment, monitoring, and management of their conditions.
Philips will be relocating this office to a new site in Bakery Square, one of the premier locations in Pittsburgh. This is a very exciting time to be joining Philips, as this new location will be the Sleep & Respiratory Center of Excellence. The new office is set to open in early 2021.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Data Science or similar technical discipline
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience building or testing Enterprise applications using Java
- Demonstrable experience and fluency with Spring Framework (Spring-Boot preferred).
- Strong experience in creating or testing Restful web services.
- Experience with Java testing frameworks (Junit/Mocks etc).
- Experience with any RDBMS or NoSQL databases.
- Exceptional knowledge of object-oriented design, including design patterns.
- Experience working in Scrum agile environment.
- Strong ability to analyze requirements and develop a risk based approach to testing
- Experience with and understanding of Git
- US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
- Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position. Candidates need to live within commuting distance to this office.
The following skills/experience are preferred, but not required:
- Experience developing or testing cloud based systems (AWS or equivalent).
- Experience with Build Management & Continuous Integration systems (TeamCity or equivalent)
- Experience with Messaging System (RabbitMQ or equivalent)
- Experience developing multi-threaded applications
- Experience with Test Automation using Behavioral Driven Development (BDD) or Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience in developing enterprise scale test automation
In return, we offer you
Sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we’re used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)