Patient Monitoring Clinical Education Delivery Specialist (Home-Based: Atlanta Hub)
In this role, you have the opportunity to
As a national Clinical Education Delivery Specialist for the Monitoring and Analytics Clinical Services Team, you will deliver outstanding educational services to our customers. In this role with Philips Healthcare no two days are the same. One day you may be delivering an education class at a major teaching hospital, the next you could be supporting a go live in a clinical unit as patients are placed on Philips monitors. You will customize the configurations of the monitors to match the clinical workflows in the units and consult with customers about the clinical implications of their solution. You will use your knowledge of clinical informatics and technical savvy to ensure Philips customers optimize the use of their new technology. This position is home-based to be located in the Atlanta area. Candidates must reside within close proximity (1 hour drive) to a major airport.
You are responsible for
- Serving as a clinical resource to patient monitoring customers covering Accounts within a designated 2-3 zone area, with some assignments being outside the designated zone area.
- Focusing on the clinical configuration and education needs of patient monitoring customers in various departments: critical care, OR, ED, PACU, telemetry
- Working closely with the Philips Account Clinical Specialist, Field Service organization, Sales, and Project managers during multiple phases of the implementation & go live processes
- Delivering clinical services per plan developed by the Account Clinical Specialist. This may include configuration consultation, equipment and application education and application of product and clinical knowledge to troubleshoot and solve problems
- Understanding clinical implications of technical implementations including networks and clinical informatics systems
- Delivering clinical services to customers that are consultative, advanced, and focus on workflows and clinical optimization
- Supporting customers in the use and growth of their systems
- Establishing and maintaining strong working relationships with key internal partners and customers; enabling the success of the installation team
You are part of
Monitoring and Analytics, Clinical Services, an organization passionate about patients and the care providers interacting with them. Based in the field, you will travel to hospital sites throughout your allocated territory, representing Monitoring and Analytics in post-sales delivery of clinical services. You will operate remotely, independently, and be self-motivated while working under the Senior Manager, Field Clinical Applications with minimal supervision. Our teams of professionals work collaboratively together with our customers and internal partners to ensure an outstanding customer experience and to encourage positive clinical outcomes.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or equivalent, active clinical license. Clinical experience in acute care settings.
- Expertise and experience in delivering adult education including didactic coursework and practical assistance to clinicians who are monitoring patients real time.
- Exceptional written, verbal, communication, and presentation skills, ability to team up to win with internal and external customers, advanced computer skills (including Microsoft office programs), initiative, flexibility, tolerance of ambiguity, critical thinking skills and excellent organizational skills.
- Willingness to travel overnight 75% of the time primarily in the Southeast Zone but may cover other areas as needed.
- Ability to be managed remotely
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- English as a primary language
- Travel to the customer sites and Division offices
- Extensive Overnight travel is required
- Lift parts or carries parts weighing a few ounces to over 25 lbs
- Frequently bends, stoops, twists, turns, and works in unusual positions using full body mobility
- May be required to be available 24 x 7 via phone or text
- Potential exposure to hazardous physical, chemical, and biological agents
This position will require you to meet all customer specific mandates such as vaccinations and or screening tests
Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position. Candidates must be in the Atlanta area within 1 hour from a major airport.
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
In return, we offer you
A role that will challenge you differently as a clinician. You will be spending time in various units throughout a health system focusing on how customers use their monitoring systems to deliver patient care. We are continually looking for talented Critical Care Nurses who want to take their professional clinical careers in a new direction towards medical systems applications within our Monitoring and Analytics Clinical Solutions team. Philips' dedication to enriching lives is reflected in our company, our solutions, and a commitment to our people. Philips products lead to improved healthcare, faster diagnosis and better patient outcomes. Philips employees change lives every day.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)