Embedded Systems Test Engineer
Philips Oral Healthcare is committed to bringing our customers the best in-mouth experience, while providing the oral healthcare our customers deserve. With the strong link between oral health and heart health, we are helping people to live longer, healthier lives.
Philips Oral Healthcare is committed to helping each employee reach their own personal goals for development. With the mentoring/coaching programs, stretch assignments, etc., offered to employees, you design your own career path.
Philips Oral HealthCare I&D Product Development Embedded Systems Team is seeking an embedded engineer with experience in the wireless domains. The embedded systems team is made up of electrical and software engineers and is responsible mainly for the electronics/SW/FW in our device and app products. We support the development of new technologies for R&D and provide input into the User Interface with other groups within the company. Through your expertise, you will be expected to help decrease the time to market and improve the quality of the embedded team's contribution to the Innovation-to-Market process.
As an Embedded Verification Engineer, you will focus primarily on ensuring the hardware and software/firmware quality of our embedded systems.
Your responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring the quality of embedded firmware and hardware
- Validating the necessary tools and test plans for conducting firmware/software testing and hardware design verification
- Generating test procedures/scripts for both hardware design verification and firmware testing
- Working closely with firmware, hardware and requirements engineers to ensure optimal test coverag
- Working closely with test technicians executing procedures to ensure they have the corrects tools and understanding of the procedures
- Helping to develop new processes and tools to speed the testing process (e.g. automated testing)
- Writing production functional test specifications for both subassemblies and final assemb
- Participating in root cause analysis to enhance the on-going quality of products
- Actively participating in multidisciplinary project teams through all phases of product development to ensure successful execution of innovative and best-in-class designs
- B.S. in Computer Engineer or Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years electronics design/development utilizing microcontrollers
- 5+ years test experience (hardware design verification, embedded firmware verification and production electrical test)
- Strong understanding of Root Cause Analysis
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong document control processes
- Understanding of Repositories, Defect Tracking and Status Reporting
- Automated test experience utilizing Behavior Driven Test Development with Spec Flow and C# or similar
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of test equipment (e.g. scopes, data acquisition systems, communication analyzer, spectrum analyzer, etc.)
- FDA Regulatory Processes
- Design Transfer to Manufacturing Processes
- RF testing experience (BLE, WiFi, NFC), both for SIG compliance and production test
- Regulatory/safety knowledge (CEC, DOE, CE, UL, CEA, etc.)
- 5+ years firmware design/development
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa. Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position. Candidates need to live within the territory or within commuting distance to this location
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)