Principal Regulatory Affairs Specialist
In this role, you have the opportunity to
- Be recognized across Business Units as an internal subject matter expert in a regulatory geography and knowledgeable in a 2nd geography.
- Be considered in the regulatory department as an expert in a scientific or technical discipline, e.g. biocompatibility, mechanical testing, preclinical testing, risk management, CMC etc., or within a segment (e.g. CV, PV, LM, Combo)
- Act as an independent regulatory core team lead on project teams.
You are responsible for
- Preparing comprehensive regulatory strategies for complex new devices and post market changes. Clearly communicates strategies to RA management, project teams, and business unit leadership.
- Preparing regulatory filings for new products, as well as post market changes. As necessary, reviews complex regulatory issues with RA management.
- Providing accurate and consistent regulatory recommendations, decisions, and feedback to product development and manufacturing teams.
- Able to identify risks within regulatory strategies and project plan and prepare plans for balancing the project risks to projects teams and RA management.
- Professionally negotiate directly with regulatory enforcement entities (e.g. governmental agencies, notified bodies, etc.) on regulatory filings at the reviewer level. All significant issues will be reviewed with the RA management.
- Following Quality System procedures to ensure compliance with US CFR, ISO 13485, MDD/MDR, CMDR, MDSAP and all other applicable regulations.
- Maintaining proficiency in worldwide regulatory requirements. Develop general strategies on more effective interactions with government agencies and agency personnel.
- Assisting the RA management with training of more junior specialist staff.
You are a part of:
As a result of Philips renewed dedication to Quality, it has recently restructured its organization to ensure you and your department have clear collaboration with Philips Business Group and Market leadership, and can harness the expertise of five Centers of Excellence (COEs). These 5 COEs specialize in the following capabilities: Regulatory & Clinical Affairs, Supplier Quality, Quality Management System, Quality Assurance & Engineering, and Compliance & Audit. As part of this new structure, you are empowered to use your voice and expertise to have a positive impact on your team, our business, and health technologies that will improve the health, well-being and care for people around world.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
- BS Degree in a relevant field. (BS/MS/PhD in engineering or science preferred)
- Pharmaceutical expertise or education required
- 7+ years of medical device experience with BS degree and work experience in regulatory affairs or, 6+ years of medical device experience with MS degree and work experience in regulatory affairs, or 4+ years of medical device experience with PhD and work experience in regulatory affairs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated expertise in one regulatory geography and knowledgeable in second geography.
- Demonstrated experience in major regulator filings, e.g. Original PMA, IDE, Design Dossier.
- Must have working knowledge of FDA, ISO, QSR, and EU regulations for handling complaints, reporting incidents, and implementing corrective and preventive actions.
- Knowledge of PC hardware/software, documentation and archives.
In return, we offer you
A path towards your most rewarding career. Philips is growing its marketing capability enterprise wide. Succeeding in this global role in a complex environment will open many doors for your long term career, in other areas in Philips or otherwise. We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities. Furthermore, Philips University is available to all employees for learning and development opportunities.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)