Software Development Engineer
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Join Philips as an Embedded Software Engineer developing software for patient worn monitors, thereby perform application integration into complex medical solutions, with deep involvement in detailed embedded software development.
You are responsible for
- Design and development of our clinical solution within Patient Worn Monitoring
- Intimate understanding in embedded software development, an imaginative translation of needs to product design, a disciplined adherence to regulatory mandated product development processes and commitment to thoroughness in the execution of plans.
- Excellent analytical skills applied to embedded software design.
- Appling excellent knowledge of application software development in close cooperation with our usability and design teams.
- Perform application integration into complex medical devices, with deep involvement in detailed embedded software development, working within the product application space.
- Desire for unique challenges at the forefront of new medical product design.
- Good problem solving skills to tackle complex application related questions.
You are a part of
An international distributed multi-site team responsible for the complete design of the product including ME and EE, extending Philips’ leading position in patient monitoring by creating solutions that improve and save lives.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor degree in Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent, Master degree preferred
- Experience with embedded software development (C/C++) in a Linux and/or RTOS-based environment.
- Knowledge of Linux application programming in network APIs, device driver interfaces and IPC.
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP networking.
- Knowledge of Linux shell scripting, UNIX-style command-line tools and cross-compiler toolchains.
- Ability to create design verification Test plans and support execution of these plans
- Preferred Python programming experience.
- Experience with IAR Embedded Workbench and compilers is a plus
- *This role needs to have someone able to work out of Andover and Cambridge*
In return, we offer you
The opportunity to work embedded in a group of engineers with diverse backgrounds and engineering specialties and to work closely with other essential teams that are required to design, test and build patient worn medical devices.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)