Senior Software Engineer
In this role, you have the opportunity to
We are looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer who is passionate about building software and innovating in the telehealth space. This includes designing and developing new features and components for a product line which is used to remotely care for tens of thousands of critically-ill patient every day.
You are responsible for
- Ensuring a high level of software quality by following standards, writing unit tests, and automating as many tests as possible before delivery
- Formulating creative solutions to difficult problems
- Participating and driving architecture, design reviews and other technical discussions for selected components
- Working collaboratively with clinicians, product owners, testers, and other software developers in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Provide coaching and technical mentorship to junior engineers
You are a part of
Patient Care Analytics, a high growth business and industry leader in telehealth monitoring solutions that improves care for critically-ill patients every day.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of web development experience using C#, Java, or Angular is a must
- Understanding of HTTP/HTTPS protocol and REST web service development
- Working knowledge of Microsoft development technologies
- Working knowledge of cloud and cloud native solutions such as Azure, AWS, or Google
- Working knowledge of relational databases, PostgreSQL preferred
- Experience with Agile development methodology
- Strong team player, experience working with diverse cross-functional teams
- Takes pride in writing clean code, strong documentation, and good test coverage
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to produce high quality work independently and as a team
Highly desired skill and experience
- Experience and interest in front-end development using Angular or React
- Full stack development experience, willingness to contribute across the stack
- Message broker technology, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, MSMQ, etc.
- Experience with SAFe, Scaled Agile
In return, we offer you
Come redefine healthcare through innovation in telehealth. This mission is accomplished by cross functional agile scrum teams working together to deliver business value to customers. The teams are characterized by a strong drive to improve continuously and empowered to work autonomously, while still supporting cross team learning, knowledge sharing, and the overall business objectives. You will work in a start-up atmosphere while still having the support and reputation of Philips.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)