Product Industrialization Engineer, Philips Healthcare, (Cambridge,MA.)
Great innovations start with the people who are passionate and skilled enough to create them. Transducer Manufacturing Engineering at Philips Ultrasound develops and supports manufacturing processes for the most innovative medical ultrasound equipment in the industry. We are looking for Engineers with a passion for technology and manufacturing processes to help us create new medical devices that lead our industry and improve people’s lives.
- Work as a member of the Transducer Manufacturing Engineering team developing new manufacturing processes to support the introduction of industry-changing ultrasound medical devices.
- Responsible for engineering tasks associated with design, development, qualification, and production start-up of new products and manufacturing processes.
The Ultrasound Product Industrialization team, based in Cambridge, Massachusetts consists of 40 engineers, technicians and managers who work together to make the best Ultrasound transducers in the industry. This team interacts with local, national and international teams to support and develop a wide range of ultrasound products.
The fast-paced environment places emphasis on a first time right approach, as such in-depth knowledge of product design, root-cause analysis and regulatory compliance.
This position provides the successful candidate with an immediate opportunity to be involved with technology that is helping to save lives, improve patient outcomes and reduce the cost of medicine around the globe. This market-differentiating technology is a cornerstone in the Philips Healthcare portfolio and has proven to be elusive to our competitors. As an international organization, Philips is well placed to offer a broad range of technical and leadership opportunities in various organizations throughout the world.
We are looking for
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in mechanical, electrical or chemical engineering.
- Three plus years’ experience in manufacturing engineering working directly on a production floor leading the resolution of manufacturing engineering problems.
- Must have very strong interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills.
- Proven and demonstrated problem solving skills are required.
- Strong experience in manufacturing process development using statistical engineering tools is required.
- Strong mechanical aptitude is a must.
- Significant hands-on experience with complex manufacturing process equipment is a must
- Experience with Lean manufacturing and New Product Introductions is a strong plus.
- Solid working knowledge of LabVIEW and MATLab is a plus
- Demonstrated experience with the validation, documentation, and manufacture of medical devices is a strong plus.
- Green belt/black belt certification is a plus.
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)