3.3 | Cambridge, MA | Hospital & Health Care | 10000+ Employees

Posted 2 months ago on July 15, 2020

Product Industrialization Engineer, Philips Healthcare, (Cambridge,MA.)

Full-time in Cambridge, MA
Philips is a hospital & health care company headquartered in the Cambridge, MA area with 10000+ employees. Philips has a 3.3-star InHerSight Score, based on 1,197 ratings from 83 employees. 23 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

Product Industrialization Engineer, Philips Healthcare, (Cambridge,MA.)

Your challenge

Great innovations start with the people who are passionate and skilled enough to create them. Transducer Manufacturing Engineering at Philips Ultrasound develops and supports manufacturing processes for the most innovative medical ultrasound equipment in the industry. We are looking for Engineers with a passion for technology and manufacturing processes to help us create new medical devices that lead our industry and improve people’s lives.

Your responsibilities

• Work as a member of the Transducer Manufacturing Engineering team developing new manufacturing processes to support the introduction of industry-changing ultrasound medical devices.
  • Responsible for engineering tasks associated with design, development, qualification, and production start-up of new products and manufacturing processes.

Your team

The Ultrasound Product Industrialization team, based in Cambridge, Massachusetts consists of 40 engineers, technicians and managers who work together to make the best Ultrasound transducers in the industry. This team interacts with local, national and international teams to support and develop a wide range of ultrasound products.

The fast-paced environment places emphasis on a first time right approach, as such in-depth knowledge of product design, root-cause analysis and regulatory compliance.

Our offer

This position provides the successful candidate with an immediate opportunity to be involved with technology that is helping to save lives, improve patient outcomes and reduce the cost of medicine around the globe. This market-differentiating technology is a cornerstone in the Philips Healthcare portfolio and has proven to be elusive to our competitors. As an international organization, Philips is well placed to offer a broad range of technical and leadership opportunities in various organizations throughout the world.

We are looking for

• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in mechanical, electrical or chemical engineering.
  • Three plus years’ experience in manufacturing engineering working directly on a production floor leading the resolution of manufacturing engineering problems.
  • Must have very strong interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills.
  • Proven and demonstrated problem solving skills are required.
  • Strong experience in manufacturing process development using statistical engineering tools is required.
  • Strong mechanical aptitude is a must.
  • Significant hands-on experience with complex manufacturing process equipment is a must
  • Experience with Lean manufacturing and New Product Introductions is a strong plus.
  • Solid working knowledge of LabVIEW and MATLab is a plus
  • Demonstrated experience with the validation, documentation, and manufacture of medical devices is a strong plus.
  • Green belt/black belt certification is a plus.

US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.

#LI-PH1

It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.  Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.