NPI Supply Chain Project Manager
We welcome you to join Philips Image Guided Therapy Devices (IGT-D) as a New Product Introduction (NPI) Supply Chain Project Manager in our Plymouth, MN location.
Philips is the leader in image-guided therapy, providing integrated solutions that advance minimally invasive procedures. We help healthcare providers to decide, guide, treat and confirm the right care in real time during the procedure to enable better outcomes for each patient and at population level.
In this role, you have the opportunity to work as part of our Product Industrialization Supply Chain team in support of driving the launch and growth in the order to fulfillment cycle for New Product Introductions (NPI) and transfers of products to this site.
This is an exciting new position with a newly developed team where the right candidate has the ability to influence the end-to-end supply chain flow from the time a customer places an order, up through and including order fulfillment.
The new Plymouth site is currently undergoing product transfers and will be responsible that the proper supply chain is setup to support the manufacturing transfer.
This role requires a self-starter with broad supply chain experience that will be responsible for guiding cross-functional development teams on the end-to-end supply chain strategy. You will ultimately be responsible to ensure that we are launching products at the right COGS, Capacity and Capability.
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
You are responsible for
- Act as the single point of contact in the newly built Plymouth facility to the broader NPI Supply Chain organization.
- Ensure the current transfers of manufacturing lines have a supporting and functional supply chain at this new site.
- As a core-team member, you’ll be expected to lead the supply chain workstream for up to ~2 projects simultaneously, which are being developed on-site
- Ensure all Verification/Validation builds have the right version of material, at the right time, at the right quantity to support development needs of the project(s)
- Own the strategy to drive the ramp up to support the initial launch, industrialization, and growth of the business
- Partner and drive conversations with marketing and S&OP to understand true demand and to build confidence on the launch strategy
- Partner and drive conversations with operations on capacity planning to ensure manufacturing can support the agreed upon launch strategy
- Partner and drive conversations with procurement engineering to ensure the supply base can support the agreed upon launch strategy
- Develop and execute continuous improvement projects that span the order to fulfillment cycle
- Identifying risks and issues, driving mitigation actions and escalate if needed
- Provide direction to the NPI buyer to ensure that the supply chain plan can support the market’s demand, while minimizing risk of obsolescence with revising parts and excess inventory
- Liaison with The Philips Service organization to ensure service and replacement materials are available.
- Drive the implementation of new parts to ensure they are set up, orderable, can be warehoused, and ultimately shipped and invoiced to the end customer
- Analyzes data and provide data driven recommendations across the organization
- Stakeholder management to the leadership team in regards to driving COGS, Capacity, and Capability for new products
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline (manufacturing, operations, business, supply chain, engineering)
- 7+ years’ experience in expanding supply chain roles (Project Manager, buyer/planner, S&OP, demand planning, logistics, etc..) in a highly regulated, high volume industry (medical devices or pharmaceutical strongly preferred)
- Broad experience in multiple areas of supply chain to support the problem solving that is prevalent with launching new products
- Strong project/program management background to hold functions accountable and drive results
- Analytical mindset with the ability to analyze, report out and propose solutions.
- Strong problem solving skills. As this is a new business with new products, agility and problem solving are key
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail, superb organizational and follow up skills
- Ability to travel ~10-20% of the time to internal and external sites.
- Strong communication skills
- Familiarity or certification in Lean methodologies
- Prior experience with SAP preferred
- Proficient with FDA QSR/cGMP and ISO13485 requirements to maintain commitment to environmental and quality regulations
You are part of
A company comprised of the best and brightest people working to improve the lives of 3 billion people a year by 2030. A culture of diverse people and ideas who believe there’s always a way to make life better. A greater purpose that means we come to work thinking about what we can to do to help prevent, diagnose and treat life’s most threatening diseases, solve the most challenging issues facing health systems, and find new ways to bring access to care to those who need it most.
In return, we offer you
We offer you the opportunity to grow within the organization and Philips – develop strong partnerships across Procurement, Head of Manufacturing, Q&R, Business Unit’s, and Group Functions on various projects and initiatives to drive our products to our customers and be a part of saving people’s lives every day.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)