Director of Finance - Diagnostic Imaging
In this role, you have the opportunity to oversee the financial and business management of the Operations for DI Modalities. Develop both strategic and tactical business plans for organization design and effectiveness based on current and future opportunities.
- "Right hand" to the Modality Vice President for Imaging Systems, providing bandwidth and depth of insight.
- Close "partner" to the Sr. Directors for each Modality Marketing Lead.
- Develops “Out of the Box” solutions for commercial deal analysis and customer requirements that adhere to compliance requirements, corporate financial goals, and technical accounting requirements.
- "Go to" person for broader Finance understanding of or insight into the entity
- Articulates the financial performance of the entity, providing the business context, opportunities and risks
- Accountable for identifying, quantifying and communicating risks and opportunities
- Accountable for the deployment and execution of financial processes in the entity
- Acts as a financial “change agent,” identifying opportunities and leading their achievement
- In integral part of the Philips Matrix. Reporting directly into Market Leadership with reporting requirements and business support into the BG and BIU’s.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- 15+ years of progressive Finance and Management roles
- 7+ years Management experience, managing large, heavily matrixed, globally dispersed teams. Demonstrated focus on coaching, talent development and continuous learning through hiring, development and timely performance feedback
- Provides direction to the organization, exercises power to influence decisions and obtain resources and represents the organization on critical strategic issues.
- Proven depth of business knowledge and strong general business acumen; Astute Financial analytics used to draw key conclusion, to provides insights and knowledge to make financial decisions and engage non-finance management in steering the business
- Proven ability to make judgments, the flexibility to change with dynamic situations and the creativity to overcome problems with solutions.
- Strong Technical Accounting Knowledge. Ongoing awareness of changes external to the department and translates these into related changes, processes and practices
- Strong Visual Analysis and Representation Skills. The ability to translate data into a visible form that highlights important features including commonalities and anomalies. The visual representations make it easy for users to perceive the salient aspects of their data quickly.
- Proven ability to marry financial constructs with business knowledge, to partner with general and functional management to drive financially-sound business decisions
- Models understanding of Philips ways of working/values, cultural expectations/norms; Models Cross cultural relationship management
- Political acumen; recognizes organizational and business differences and works to effect alignments
- Change agent; Initiates and leads Finance staff/teams and stakeholders to or through change. Adept at implementation of change though effective communication and leadership techniques
- Must be able to push back without breaking relationships and be able to assess and prioritize various stakeholder interests.
- Ability to see synergies and opportunities across a broad business portfolio and to then break this into a manageable plan for execution.
High motivation and organization. The individual must help to steer the organization toward its objectives and persevere even when challenges arise. Several activities must be balance simultaneously and reprioritized as the demands of the business evolve.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)