In this role, you have the opportunity to
Lead engineering activities for the Electrical and Mechanical Engineering teams in our Emergency Care and Resuscitation (ECR) business! Your responsibilities include New Product & Solutions Development/Introduction (NPI) and Sustaining of Legacy Products.
You are responsible for
- Leading multi-disciplinary hardware teams of Electrical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering that delivers new products, sustainment of current portfolio and customer support in emergency and acute care solutions.
- Solid understanding of medical device product development, preferably Design Control experience with Class III devices. (FDA CFR Title 21, 820.30)
- Maintaining an environment of high expectations and accountability while driving functional excellence across all engineering teams.
- Collaborating with Marketing, Clinical Affairs and Systems Engineering in defining product strategy and the translation of Voice of Customer into clear product requirements. Accountable for successful new product introduction, launch, and maintenance through the entire product lifecycle.
- Ensuring that there are adequate resources and tools, and responsible for technology and architectural roadmaps.
- Functional management practices regarding recruitment and selection, staffing and succession, remuneration, employee development, education and training, and management policy.
- Enabling an engaged and encouraged working environment by motivating, mentoring for personal growth, entrepreneurship, and customer engagement.
- Analyzing competition, user trends, emerging technology, and ECR vision and strategy to help maintain technical roadmaps.
- Actively promoting collaboration between R&D and Marketing to optimize product roadmaps, user stories, product quality, and customer experience.
- Continuous improvement mentality, improving upon existing software development processes
- Working across borders, cooperating with other leaders, programs, and related business units and groups. Establishing a network with worldwide leaders with vision, relevant players, scientific relations outside of the department and with the business and actively uses this network for technological developments, identifying trends, and augmenting skillsets.
You are a part of
Emergency Care and Resuscitation (ECR) Business Category within the Therapeutic Care Business within the Connected Care Cluster
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor’s/MS/PhD degrees in Electrical Engineering or related field (MBA highly desired)
- Minimum 12+ years of related managerial and technical with minimum 5 years at a Senior Management level
- Proven record of building and driving high performance teams to develop innovative solutions, in a highly regulated environment
- Extensive knowledge/experience in the design of therapeutic medical device development (Patient Monitor/Defibrillator and AED experience is a plus)
- Demonstrated knowledge of global quality and regulatory environment for medical devices including FDA CFR 21 part 820.30 and IEC 60601-1-1 (CE mark), ISO 13485, and risk management requirements and development dependencies
- Validated ability to lead and thrive in the matrix management structure
- Demonstrates strong results orientation: This position requires the proven track record to consistently meet and/or exceed goals. The successful candidate must be capable of making commitments, setting priorities, and delivering results on time and on budget
- Possess strategic agility/vision: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future concerns
- Develops and maintains effective cross functional relationships and is capable of quickly earning trust and respect
- Demonstrated record of decisiveness – an ability to act thoughtfully – and quickly
- Strong overall business and communication skills, including executive presentation skills and business financial acumen
- Maintains a culture of accountability, integrity, and high expectations
In return, we offer you
The ability to collaborate with, learn and grow from colleagues in a highly sophisticated, global organization where you can use your strengths to help drive strategic business initiatives for Philips. Additionally, we provide you a dynamic working environment in an innovative business, paired with a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and an encouraging atmosphere where you can sharpen your talents with new challenges and career opportunities!
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.