Senior Test Automation Developer-LabVIEW
In this role, you have the opportunity to:
This is an opportunity to be part of a well-seasoned, winning team that performs product safety, EMC compliance verification and reliability assurance for all medical product lines within Philips Andover.
You are responsible for:
Plan the design, architecture, graphical user interface, functional operation, verification and final validation aspects of test systems;
- Using National Instruments Lab-View and Test Stand platform, develop software in a modular organized way to achieve efficient test automation for various test stations;
- Address issues with current test automation platforms, including NI code revisions, functional verifications, assessing validation needs, writing functional specification, planning validation, conducting validation and reporting validation results in accordance with our Quality Management System (ISO 17025);
- Expand into other software projects beyond Lab-View, specifically relative to writing code (Python, VBA, SQL, etc.), and developing test station hardware (preferred);
- Good documentation practices, documentation and record control is as must in this role;
- Support the development or enhancement of test automation documentation schemes and documentation methods;
- Work with group Engineers, Test Engineers and Technicians to learn and understand their testing needs and the standards that govern our tests and test methods;
- Support the improvement of work stream process flow tasks as determined by management throughout the laboratory;
- Work in an FDA regulated environment according to OSHA and site EHS rules;
You are a part of:
Andover Standards & Reliability Center (ASRC) plays a very important role in ensuring products designed by Philips are of the highest quality and comply with national and international standards requirements. It is an independently accredited laboratory space that provides R&D engineering consulting and test certification services in the area of reliability engineering, safety compliance, EMC compliance for the Monitoring & Analytics and Therapeutic Care Businesses in the Connected Care Cluster, along with other Philips groups.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Minimum of-BSEE (or BSET) or BSCS with 10+ years’ experience in National Instruments (Lab-View) software & electrical hardware test system development (Certified NI Developer or preferred Architect level)
- Demonstrated success in developing complex Electrical, Mechanical & Software Test Systems
- Demonstrated project completion and successful achievement of test station automation;
- Demonstrated success in project management fundamentals, design requirements, and complex product documentation;
- Experience with product safety standards test requirements for medical devices (IEC/ISO 60601/80601) preferred;
- Strong detail focus with ability to keep organized project documentation, write detailed technical documents, maintain good records for systems being developed per our Quality Management System (ISO 17025);
- Experienced in a regulated environment (FDA regulated environment & ISO 17025 QMS preferred)
- Highly passionate and positive infectious attitude who strives for high performance, product quality, and with attention to details;
- The ability to work well in a team and possessing the skills and the ability to work independently to get things done efficiently and timely;
- Demonstrated competence in methodical and effective troubleshooting. Excellent problem solving skills (root cause analysis);
- Solid fundamentals in electrical engineering circuit concepts and electrical test equipment.
- Proficient in standard office computer tools: Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint and Visio;
- Excellent English skills, written and verbal;
- Good communication skills and ability to provide strong contributions in meetings and interface well with associate team members
- Demonstrated success of working with Third-party contractors to increase capabilities of test automation development.
In return, we offer you:
An opportunity to sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we’re used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)