In this role, you have the opportunity to
Supervise, monitor and evaluate all day-to-day and month end closing accounting activities. In addition, you will be involved in challenging projects such as Finance Integration and ERP system implementation.
You are responsible for
- Manage and oversee daily operations of the GL accounting team, including cash management, inter-company, fixed assets management, and other ME activities. Review journal entries, account reconciliations, and other accounting documents.
- Produce high quality financial statements and provide analysis as needed
- Monitor and Maintain effective finance internal controls
- Support Tax, Treasury, Statutory Reporting and other Finance and non-Finance functions with their accounting data needs
- Support ad hoc requests and projects, such as financial integration, ERP system implementation etc.
- Evaluate and Develop accounting staff and promote a positive working environment
You are a part of
The Finance team with our IGT-D Business Group in the San Diego office. The Accounting Manager will work closely with Finance leadership in San Diego and accounting team in our Colorado Springs office to support the business’ accounting and finance activities.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related area, CPA
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience in the general ledger accounting function
- Big 4 accounting firm experience preferred
- Experience with Oracle and/or SAP ERP system preferred
- Hands-on leader
- Strong collaborator
In return, we offer you
Named one of the Top 50 Happiest Companies in America, we enable our employees to create a legacy in life through their work and support their development through people-centric learning, total rewards, and personalized development planning programs.
We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, flexible work schedules, access to local well-being focused activities, career growth opportunity world-wide, and a positive and supportive work atmosphere.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)