3.3 | Cambridge, MA | Hospital & Health Care | 10000+ Employees

Posted 4 months ago on March 13, 2020

Accounting Manager

Full-time in San Diego, CA
Philips is a hospital & health care company headquartered in the Cambridge, MA area with 10000+ employees. Philips has a 3.3-star InHerSight Score, based on 1,197 ratings from 83 employees. 23 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

Accounting Manager

In this role, you have the opportunity to

Supervise, monitor and evaluate all day-to-day and month end closing accounting activities. In addition, you will be involved in challenging projects such as Finance Integration and ERP system implementation.

You are responsible for

• Manage and oversee daily operations of the GL accounting team, including cash management, inter-company, fixed assets management, and other ME activities. Review journal entries, account reconciliations, and other accounting documents.
  • Produce high quality financial statements and provide analysis as needed
  • Monitor and Maintain effective finance internal controls
  • Support Tax, Treasury, Statutory Reporting and other Finance and non-Finance functions with their accounting data needs
  • Support ad hoc requests and projects, such as financial integration, ERP system implementation etc.
  • Evaluate and Develop accounting staff and promote a positive working environment

You are a part of

The Finance team with our IGT-D Business Group in the San Diego office. The Accounting Manager will work closely with Finance leadership in San Diego and accounting team in our Colorado Springs office to support the business’ accounting and finance activities.

To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience

• A bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related area, CPA
  • Minimum of 5 years of management experience in the general ledger accounting function
  • Big 4 accounting firm experience preferred
  • Experience with Oracle and/or SAP ERP system preferred
  • Hands-on leader
  • Strong collaborator

In return, we offer you

Named one of the Top 50 Happiest Companies in America, we enable our employees to create a legacy in life through their work and support their development through people-centric learning, total rewards, and personalized development planning programs.

We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, flexible work schedules, access to local well-being focused activities, career growth opportunity world-wide, and a positive and supportive work atmosphere.

Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.

It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.

#LI-PHI