Sr. Document Control Specialist
Sr. Document Control Specialist
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Implement and optimize the Document Control processes across Philips Heath & Wellness business group for future success. The role of Sr. Document Control Analyst is to lead and conduct daily document control activities for all quality and product-related documents & data per standardized practices across Philips.
You are responsible for
- Effective (local) Business Process Ownership/Expert role for Document Control processes and tools in scope
- Establish DC support to authors and (local) process owners in defining and producing lean Quality System documents and records; ensure proper quality of the content of documentation and records
- Establish and manage proper document review processes
- Ensures availability/publishing of controlled documents
- Establish, monitor and respond to metrics on the efficacy and efficiency of the document management system and its ability to support the business
- Manage QMS/DHF/DMR/DHR/Quality Records
- Collects and maintains documents & records of the latest revision level.
- Timely distribution of latest revision level documents & records to all appropriate users and ensures that obsolete documentation is removed from distribution / publication.
- Maintains the document management system and ensure fast retrieval of documents & records.
- Controls issuance of document numbers, including maintenance of proper document registers.
- Ensures proper document classification, sorting, filing and proper archiving.
- Reviews completeness of documentation and prepares document submissions.
- Lead by example for the document control specialist team
- Train Authors on good documentation practices and Documentation/Records Systems.
You are a part of
Philips Oral Healthcare creates meaningful innovations that improve people's lives; our Sonicare and Discus products help provide better health and smiles that are more beautiful across the globe.
We are a mature and dynamic organization that is rapidly growing and needs strong leaders to achieve our growth ambitions.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, sciences, quality management or related field, or equivalent professional experience
- 5+ years of experience in Document Control
- Configuration Management Certification preferred
- Expert level working knowledge of Agile PLM system, DIM Open Text, ARIS, Windchill
- Excellent working knowledge of document control processes, change management and standard practices
- Working knowledge of Good Documentation Practices
- Understanding and working knowledge of appropriate global regulations, requirements, and standards such as 21 CFR Parts 820, ISO 13485, ISO 9001, ISO 14971. MDSAP Experience a plus.
- Ability to operate efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of and ability to work within a global corporate environment is required. Highly collaborative.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of an organization effectively
- Procedural or Technical writing experience preferred
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)