Research Data Scientist - Predictive Modeling & Outcome Management
In this role, you have the opportunity to:
Drive data science research applied to one of the most meaningful and rapidly growing world-wide priorities – improving healthcare outcomes and costs through better clinical decision support. Our interests are in big healthcare data analytics, predictive modeling, precision medicine, and outcome management. We need your help leveraging Philips' uniquely-big healthcare data assets. Are you ready to champion this effort as an important member of the Research team?
Applicants are expected to start working on or before June 29, 2020.
You are responsible for:
- Developing new technologies in the areas of machine learning, predictive modeling, simulation, and outcome management.
- Conducting research, designing, developing and evaluating first-of-kind data analytics solutions to provide real-time diagnostics and therapeutic decision support applications.
- Interacting with clinical customers to understand their problems, share insights and best practices, and validate prototypes of solutions to assess their value in patient care.
- Collaborating with Philips business groups to deliver innovations in a timely and high-quality manner.
You are a part of:
Philips Research is at the forefront of healthcare research. Existing now for 100 years, Philips Research has been one of the world's premier research labs and now has more than 1000 research scientists and engineers around the world. Our agenda includes discovering fundamental principles and developing scientific and engineering innovations to enhance health and well-being. Philips is a pioneer and leader in the healthcare industry.
To succeed, you should have the following skills and experience:
- Ph.D. in computer science, bioinformatics, statistics, biomedical engineering, electrical engineering, data science, or a related field.
- Data modeling, analytics and visualization
- Machine learning and deep learning
- Python data science pipeline (pandas, sklearn, numpy, scipy, TensorFlow, PyTorch)
- Algorithm design, implementation
- Signal processing
- Publishing scientific papers and presenting at scientific conferences
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Skills and experience in some of the following areas would be a plus:
- 1+ years experience working on big data science.
- 1+ years research experience working on novel applications for use in hospital and home patient care settings.
- Physiological signal processing (e.g., ECG and other physiological waveforms)
- Knowledge of human physiology
- Knowledge of healthcare industry
- Trends in patient care at hospital and home
- High-performance computing using Apache Spark, cloud infrastructure, or related technology
- Assessment of drug effectiveness and adverse drug events
- Government grant applications
- Database technologies
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams
In return, we offer you:
We are happy to provide an opportunity to work with one of the strongest research labs in the world and deliver solutions will have a direct impact on patient care. You will be part of a flexible team of highly skilled professionals that are able to find an excellent work-life balance. Just think the solutions you develop could lead to better solutions and outcomes to healthcare professionals and the patients they are treating.
Why should you join Philips?
Are you passionate about having a career that will create meaningful improvements to an important world-priority issue? Do you want your efforts to be more than a job? At Philips, it is a calling to build a healthier society through relevant work, passionate about improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering creative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in substantial ways.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)