3.3 | Cambridge, MA | Hospital & Health Care | 10000+ Employees

Posted a week ago on June 29, 2020

Senior Software Engineer (Java/Spring)

Full-time in Murrysville, PA
Philips is a hospital & health care company headquartered in the Cambridge, MA area with 10000+ employees. Philips has a 3.3-star InHerSight Score, based on 1,197 ratings from 83 employees. 23 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

Senior Software Engineer (Java/Spring)

In this role, you have the opportunity to

Design and develop new features for a cloud based Enterprise Application in an Agile Scrum development environment.

You are responsible for

• Building Enterprise applications with keen focus on performance, resilience and quality
  • Working in Agile based Scrum environment to develop critical parts of a new web-based application.
  • Demonstrating proficiency with object oriented design and development in Java.
  • Building RESTful web service and communication between applications and 3rd party cloud-based systems.
  • Parsing/processing JSON data.
  • Working with  Relational or NoSQL data stores
  • Working with Continuous delivery “build and deploy tool” such as TeamCity, Jenkins
  • Building User Interface applications using Angular JS
  • Working with Enterprise messaging broker such as RabbitMQ
  • Working with cloud technologies ( AWS Components)
  • Creating design and architectural documentation for the system being build
  • Working in Test Driven Development of Behavior Driven Development environment
  • Writing automated test using Junit framework to programmatically test the code.
  • Troubleshooting production system issues
  • Monitoring the health of the system using framework such as NewRelic, AppDynamics

You are a part of

This position resides in the Sleep & Respiratory Care Business Group, a business group of Philips HealthTech. We are highly dynamic, ambitious and agile within a fast changing industry. Our vision is to work hand-in-hand with our clinical and consumer customers to transform the personalized healthcare market to meet the significant demands caused by the increase of chronic conditions and an aging society. Our mission is to improve the quality of life for consumers and patients through better awareness, diagnosis, treatment, monitoring, and management of their conditions.

This role will initially be based in our Murrysville office. Philips will be relocating this office to a new site in Bakery Square, one of the premier locations in Pittsburgh. This is a very exciting time to be joining Philips, as this new location will be the Sleep & Respiratory Center of Excellence. The new office is set to open in early 2021.

Sleep business page: https://www.usa.philips.com/healthcare/solutions/sleep

Respiratory business page: https://www.usa.philips.com/healthcare/solutions/breathing-and-respiratory-care

To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience

• Bachelors or Master’s degree in computer science or similar technical field
  • 5+ of professional experience building Enterprise applications using Java.
  • Demonstrable experience and fluency with Spring Framework (Spring-Boot preferred).
  • Strong experience in creating Restful web services.
  • Experience developing cloud based systems (AWS or equivalent).
  • Experience with Java testing frameworks (Junit/Mocks etc.)
  • Experience developing multi-threaded applications
  • Experience with any RDBMS or NoSQL databases.
  • Experience working in Scrum agile environment.
  • Exceptional knowledge of object-oriented design, including design patterns.

Experience with the following are highly preferred, but not required:

• Experience with Build Management & Continuous Integration systems (TeamCity or equivalent)
  • Experience with Messaging System (RabbitMQ or equivalent)
  • Experience with Single Sign-on  using Oauth2, Active Directory, Certificates
  • Experience with Rule Engine and Workflow engines (Camunda, Drools)
  • Experience developing multi-threaded applications
  • Experience in using code analysis and profiling tools.
  • Experience with Test Automation using Behavioral Driven Development (BDD)
  • Experience developing in the Healthcare/Health Tech industry or similar regulated industry

In return, we offer you

Sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we’re used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further.

It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.  Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.

#L1-PH1