In this role, you have the opportunity to
Support Philips Healthcare as a Biomedical Equipment Technician primarily at Jordan Valley Main where you will be responsible for customer relationship management through the effective use of technical knowledge to service and maintain biomedical equipment. This is accomplished through individual efforts and the efforts of the site service team.
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
You are responsible for
- Identification and resolution of customer issues, providing the customer with the appropriate communication and involving appropriate site service personnel. The BMET must demonstrate ownership in difficult circumstances and show a sense of urgency about delivering results, ability to establish the priorities of the moment by assessing the priorities communicated by the Site Manager, the Site Team, or the customer.
- As a company representative, acts as a resource in response to customer inquiries and communicates only appropriate information. Refers information to the appropriate person. Provides a positive cohesive company image when discussing the company, products, etc with the customer. Establishes credibility and trust.
- Ensures customer satisfaction while meeting business objectives.
- Focuses on fixing the customer as well as the medical products. Sets realistic customer expectations. Interfaces with end-users, department managers and supervisors on routine issues.
- May be requested to serve upon or provide consultation to various hospital committees or teams as requested by the customer with prior approval of site management.
- Performs a wide variety of tasks and changes focus quickly as demands change. Adapt to varying needs and requirements of the customer and the business. Implements best practices.
- Actively participates as a member of empowered work teams.
- Puts the team ahead of individual needs and displays a positive attitude.
- Actively supports areas of empowerment and continuously strives to improve the team processes
- Works on areas improving customer satisfaction and company profitability.
- Open to and embraces change.
- Interpersonal adaptability and versatility
- Operate under the required knowledge of regulatory requirements, performance standards, Philips policies, customer policies, and safety requirements (electrical & radiation safety, safe lifting practices, etc.).
- Manages company assets effectively including labor time, parts inventory levels, tools, test equipment calibration, customer purchase orders, equipment, business expenditures, etc.
- Performs all administrative duties in a complete manner within prescribed company policies/guidelines including time sheets, service activity reporting, expense reports, preventative maintenance documentation, and other related paperwork.
- Possess high degree of biomedical technical proficiency and be comfortable with a certain degree of ambiguity
- Ability to apply troubleshooting methodology to identify root causes
- Able to perform as a primary BMET for multiple medical specialties. Maintains knowledge of technical advances and current industry trends.
- Assesses situations and makes an optimal and speedy decision despite limited information. Solves problems while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of all the issues.
- Defines problems: Collects data, establishes facts, and draws valid conclusions.
- Has the ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Applies his/her technical training and resources to effectively solve problems. Ensures follow-up on on-going issues.
- Demonstrates troubleshooting capability to the component level and provide a clear explanation regarding the status of the repair to the customer, if needed.
- Provides training/mentorship/technical support to other BMETs.
You are a part of
Working as part of our 5,550-member Global Sales and Service organization, you’ll benefit from the team’s growing breadth and depth of healthcare products and services portfolio, and be challenged to drive our best-in-class reputation through top customer experience ratings.
In a ‘One Team’ culture, you’ll have the support of an intrinsically linked group of multi-disciplinary experts who are driven by a common mission of making the world healthier and more sustainable. As part of the Service engineering organization you will contribute to providing the right data, context, and approach which will change the way we do business and make a difference for our customers
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Associate’s degree or equivalent training/experience in electronics or Biomedical Engineering and/or CBET certification
- Minimum 3 years servicing medical equipment; Experience with Sterilizer, Ventilator and Anesthesia equipment strongly preferred.
- Experience with mechanical devices and tools and test equipment. Must possess demonstrated skills in using an oscilloscope, digital multimeter, etc.
- Fundamentals of Dicom & Networking desirable.
- Experience with electronic circuit boards, processors and computer hardware including applications, programming and systems functionally.
- PC competency, to include basic knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, databases.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Carries or pulls up to 40 lbs. of test equipment.
- Lifts parts or carries parts weighing a few ounces to over 100 lbs. (assistance available when lifting items over 50 lbs).
- Frequently bends, stoops, twists, turns, and works in unusual positions using full body mobility.
- Potential exposure to hazardous physical, chemical, and biological agents.
- May be required to be available 24 x 7 via phone or pager, work alternate shifts, rotate in an on-call status.
- This position will require you to meet all customer specific mandates such as vaccinations and or screening tests.
- May travel to customer sites other than assigned site, zone office or identified locations for meetings.
In return, we offer you
Sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we’re used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.