Clinical Informatics Scientist with NLP
In this role, you have the opportunity to
You will participate in various research-related activities around clinical informatics, focusing on research, development, and evaluation of first-of-kind algorithms and prototypes for helping oncologists, radiologists and other clinicians make better and informed decisions, improving patient care, optimizing clinical and operational outcomes in clinical workflows.
You are responsible for
- Research, design, develop and evaluate first-of-a-kind medical informatics solutions to provide clinical decision support, improve clinical workflow, and optimize patient outcomes;
- Apply your expertise in medical informatics, machine/deep learning/natural language processing (NLP) methods on EHR, radiation treatment planning, deep clinical domain knowledge in oncology/radiology to research innovative solutions, develop new concepts, and build proof-of-concept demonstrators and validate results with clinical data.
- Participate in multi-disciplinary teams to contribute to innovation roadmaps.
- Interact with business stakeholders and customers to understand their problems, share insights and best practices.
- Partner with Philips businesses to deliver high-quality innovations with performance validated with customers and clinical collaborators.
- Help build and lead collaborative relationships with external partners, the scientific community, and governmental resources.
You are a part of
Philips has offerings spanning components, modules, systems, turnkey projects and services, and is recognized as a pioneer and leader in the healthcare industry. We simplify healthcare by focusing on the people in the care cycle – patients and care providers. Through combining human insights and clinical expertise, we aim to improve patient outcomes while lowering the burden on the healthcare system and providers. Philips delivers advanced solutions to health professionals to meet the needs of patients, and to empowered consumers for affordable healthcare whether in a hospital or at home.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Ph.D. in Computer Sciences, Biomedical Engineering, Bioinformatics, or a related field; MD with technical background will be considered
- Experience working on medical informatics analysis, radiation treatment planning, or machine/deep learning methods in oncology/radiology;
- Research experience in the design, development, and evaluation of analysis for oncology diagnosis/treatment;
- Hands-on expertise in developing solutions involving machine/deep learning/NLP, and demonstrated through scientific publications and/or successful product development;
- Understanding of clinical workflow and systems, with an emphasis in oncology/radiation therapy workflows, and experience in working with clinicians;
- Software prototyping experience in a clinically oriented research environment, with programming experience at least in Python, Java, C#, C/C++;
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams;
- Self-motivated, driving for results, and team-player;
- Flexible and quick-learner;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with health information systems (EMR, PACS, HIS/RIS etc);
- Experience with relevant data analytics and visualization tools;
- Understanding of the business and economic considerations associated with healthcare innovation.
In return, we offer you
We enable our employees to create a legacy in life through their work and support their development through people-centric learning, total rewards and personalized development planning programs.
Join us and work in a dynamic environment with opportunities to contribute to a number of innovation topics and application areas in relation to healthcare solutions and services. You have the opportunity to contribute to the growth of your team. We offer a competitive benefits and salary package.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It is a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it is like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)