3.3 | Cambridge, MA | Hospital & Health Care | 10000+ Employees

Posted a week ago on June 29, 2020

Senior Hardware Development Engineer

Full-time in Bothell, WA
Philips is a hospital & health care company headquartered in the Cambridge, MA area with 10000+ employees. Philips has a 3.3-star InHerSight Score, based on 1,197 ratings from 83 employees. 23 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

Senior Hardware Development Engineer

We have a dynamic and rewarding career opportunity for a Hardware Development Engineer in our Bothell, WA location!  Make a substantial contribution to the development of new and legacy Ultrasound products, using the latest technologies and resources to test new systems and modules based on design specifications and customer requirements. The Hardware Development Engineer position provides the successful candidate with an immediate opportunity to be involved with the development of Ultrasound technology that is helping to save lives, improve patient outcomes and reduce the cost of medicine across the globe.

As part of the R&D team, you will help develop the electronic hardware for the next generation medical ultrasound machines. The candidate must be highly motivated, self-directed and capable of working in a multi-disciplinary team environment. You will be participating in all phases of development from requirements, circuit design, simulation, test development, characterization and release to production.

The successful applicant will be able to plan, analyze, design, test and document hardware with minimal guidance. The candidate must have good oral and written communication skills for conveying technical approaches, tradeoffs, risks and to make recommendations through peer and customer reviews.

BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent

5-10 years of hardware development experience

Strong fundamentals for analog, digital and mixed signal hardware design

Familiarity with PCB design and implementation

Familiarity with application of test equipment with strong troubleshooting skills

Familiarity with display and/or microprocessor architectures desirable

Experience in collaborating with third party vendors and OEMs.

Strong desire to learn and adapt to new technologies and challenges

Self-motivated individual with good organizational and time management skills

US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.

Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position. Candidates need to live within the territory or within commuting distance to this location

In return, we offer you

The Opportunity to sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we are used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further.

It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.  Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.

#LI-PH1