Sales, Sales Specialist - IGT Systems (New England)
Sales, Sales Specialist – IGT Systems
In this role, you have the opportunity to:
The IGT Sales Specialist owns business development in the territory by uncovering and posting opportunities, developing competitive positioning, and owning quote creation, customer concerns, and change orders; partners with Account Executives / Account Managers (AE/AM) to qualify opportunities, design and present winning solutions, and develop business analysis and forecasts; co-owns, with District Sales Leaders (DSL), achieving business goals and forecasting for the territory.
You are responsible for the following:
- Partner with AM/AEs, using business knowledge and understanding, to develop an account strategy with a solution definition and to design and propose a solution definition and design that addresses the customer’s specific need.
- Lead the development of product strategy and customer presentations as the clinical, technical, and knowledge expert. Address competitive positioning and value proposition components of the presentation.
- Attend customer presentations to resolve customer objections or answer questions regarding product and configuration comparisons and competitor pricing. If requested, participate in the customer feedback loop to provide technical expertise.
- Partner with AM/AE to coordinate on-site demonstrations, clinical trials, site visits, and national clinical showcase sites.
- Partner with the AM to identify opportunities by providing insights into possible leads resulting from working with installed base, third party vendors, trade shows, local conferences, and other industry events.
- Partner with the AM to prioritize opportunities that exist in a given account or market.
- Partner with the AM on the roll-up of the forecast and funnel. Tie off on the account, timing, and dollars. Agree on a committed and best case plan. Work alongside the AM to ensure the funnel is robust, clean, and well managed.
- Coordinate product positioning and product qualification with AM/AE, as needed.
- Collaborate with AM to develop a SWOT analysis and build a database, by hospital, of the entire installed base to establish competitive positioning and understand upcoming opportunities.
- Own the business development of the territory.
- Drive visibility by understanding business opportunities in the region, including emerging markets.
- Uncover and communicate opportunities to the AM. Share opportunity visibility by entering the opportunity into SFDC.
- Create a business plan that identifies every opportunity in every account. Ensure the funnel is robust and capable of meeting the AOP.
- Attend accountability calls with the AM and DSL to provide input and background.
- Author a complete and compliant customer quote based on the specific customer needs and requirements.
- Drive the quote pricing based on configuration and delivery design. Manage any necessary change orders.
- Build a strong internal network and local customer team to support the delivery of value to our customers and to drive resolution of customer issues. Include Philips teammates from IGT Devices, Clinical Science, Clinical Education, Hospital Information Technology, Ultrasound, Service, Finance, and other Philips groups as needed.
- Provide Field Marketing with input on sales tools, pricing issues, and competitive threats to enable them to best support specialists and provide input to the IGT Business Unit.
- Maximize the customer experience by presenting a coordinated and efficient One Philips approach with the AM/AE.
- Support the DSL/AE/AM through informal product training and education.
- Share best practices with internal colleagues.
- Co-own, with the DSL, achieving the business goals including balanced selling and Annual Operating Plan (AOP) attainment.
- Draw on national knowledge of product and industry to provide input on forecasting to the DSL, as needed, through SFDC.
- Own the customer issue escalation process. Partner with the AM to determine the right communication to the customer for frequent issues or a delayed remedy.
- Partner with the AM to select appropriate site visit locations.
- Participate in the four-meeting process and installation to ensure a smooth customer hand-off.
- Perform against established performance goals and metrics.
- Take responsibility for your own personal and professional development, including all required training.
- Participate as an active member of the sales team, sharing your experience and knowledge with others.
- Use and comply with standard processes and guidelines.
- Develop strong knowledge of markets, competitors, and industry trends for products.
- Demonstrate the Philips Behaviours in all interactions.
You are a part of:
Philips IGT Systems led by the National Modality leader. You will be an integral part of the Chesapeake territory driving each business opportunity for IGT Systems, while collaborating with our Northeast regional sales team along the way. This team will consist of a Regional Sales Manager, Account Executive(s), and several Account Managers.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- Four-year college degree or equivalent experience preferred
- 8+ years of demonstrated healthcare experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Diagnostic Imaging Industry experience highly preferred
- Deep product knowledge and expertise within interventional product modality.
- Ability to quickly demonstrate expertise and establish credibility with clinical decision makers.
- Ability to assess potential application of company products to meet customer needs and prepare detailed product specifications for the development and implementation of customer products/applications/solutions.
- Strong Business Acumen and organizational skills
In return, we offer you:
The IGT Sales Specialist role will give you the opportunity to take your career to the next level in a world-leading organization that is backed by a stable 120-year legacy of innovation. Here, you’ll go as far and as wide as you aspire. We make sure of it through support of a formal development planning process, as well as countless opportunities to expand your knowledge and skill set through resources such as the Learning@Philips program, tuition reimbursement and/or mentor relationships.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
No Sponsorship offered:
"US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa."
“Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position. Candidates need to live within the territory”
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)