We welcome you to join Philips Healthcare Company as a Software Engineer in our San Diego, CA location. In this role, you have the opportunity to Work with cutting edge product line IGT Devices is part of the Philips Image Guided Therapy (IGT) business group.
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Develops, verifies, and documents software features or systems of the appropriate scope, or participates on a team developing software features
- Learns and applies company policies and procedures to resolve issues
- Demonstrates judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Participates in department design and code reviews
- Adheres to coding standards and guidelines
- Executes system and algorithm performance testing
- Develops domain knowledge based on technical and academic literature, and may contribute to that literature
- Contributes to feasibility studies for new software products
You are a part of
Our solutions combine navigational tools such as catheters and guide wires with advanced software to help confirm the optimal treatment at the point of care: measurement technology, procedure-specific application support and on-board imaging and monitoring with improved anatomical and functional information to optimize therapy delivery. The IGT Devices organization consists of three segments: Coronary, Peripheral Vascular and Electrophysiology.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Experience developing C/C++ applications
- Experience with UI toolkits and Boost libraries are a plus
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle including requirements, architecture and design, code development, and verification
- Accustom to work in Agile Scrum Teams
- Demonstrates strong organizational and interpersonal skills working in a cross-functional regulated environment
- Experience developing multi-threaded applications on CPU (or GPU)
- Expected Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering
*US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
*Company relocation benefits not provided for this position. Candidates need to live within the territory or within commuting distance to this location.
In return, we offer you
We offer you the opportunity to grow within the organization and Philips – working cross functionally with R & D, on various projects and initiatives to drive our products to our customers and be a part of saving people’s lives every day.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watch this video Experience Philips Volcano in Virtual Reality
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, and protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)