Equipment Repair Technician - 3rd shift- Full-Time
Philips' mission to improve lives is more relevant now than ever. We are increasing production of certain critical care products and solutions to help diagnose and treat patients. In this role you have an opportunity to directly impact lives of people around the world and help solve some of the toughest challenges affecting us today
In this role, you have the opportunity to
You will assists in the maintenance of both mechanical and electrical manufacturing equipment, on the production floor.
You are responsible for
- Repairing and or troubleshooting worn, malfunctioning or damaged production floor equipment.
- Installing and maintaining electrical utilities for production equipment.
- Documenting all repairs into the established database.
- Performing preventative maintenance on equipment by following the established procedures and ensuring documentation is complete, in the database.
- Organizing and maintaining spare parts inventories.
- Assisting other technicians with projects and other day-to-day activities in the Equipment Engineering Department.
- The ability to work overtime is an essential function of this 3rd shift position.
You are a part of
The Equipment Repair team in the Murrysville, PA location, within Philips Sleep & Respiratory Care (SRC) business, which exists to restore natural sleep and breathing. Our success spans more than three decades and can be attributed to our passion for deeply understanding the needs of the patients we serve. We leverage these insights to develop intuitive and seamlessly connected solutions that improve quality of life.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- An Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Drafting (preferred) or equivalent related work experience
- Proficiency in MS Office applications and computer skills (ERP experience is a plus)
- 2+ years of experience troubleshooting mechanical or electrical devices (in lieu of a college degree)
- General understanding of electrical or mechanical concepts
- Strong ability to collaborate with other team members
- Ability to communication with upper leadership and strong desire to take ownership
In return, we offer you
The opportunity to join our 3rd shift Equipment Repair team to provide support in product and process renewal. You will have the chance to advise and mentor co-workers with less experience, as well as communicate with leadership on issues that impact daily production.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)