Systems Design Engineer - Signal Processing
In this role, you have the opportunity to
As a Systems Design Engineer, you will design, implement and test ultrasound components, which integrate with the overall system. You will be working closely with acoustic, hardware and software engineers to architect advanced algorithm prototypes as performance-optimized real-time GPU and/or FPGA implementations.
You are responsible for
The Systems Design Engineer position provides the successful candidate with an immediate opportunity to be involved with the development of innovative technology that is helping to save lives, improve patient outcomes and reduce the cost of healthcare across the globe. As a part of the Ultrasound Business Group Platform Engineering team you will be challenged to create a new generation of intelligent algorithms for advanced ultrasound imaging.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent, MS or PhD preferred
- 3-5 years of hands-on experience in designing and implementing signal/image processing algorithms and/or numerical methods
- Fundamental knowledge of adaptive signal processing and machine learning
- Programming experience in Matlab
- Familiarity with parallel programming techniques
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interface in a cross-disciplinary manner, including engineers, product managers, and clinical specialists
- Self-motivated individual with good organizational and time management skills
- Familiarity with medical devices and/or working in a regulated environment
- Familiarity with phased arrays and beamforming
- Familiarity with advanced image reconstruction techniques
- Experience with CUDA and/or OpenCL
- Experience with adaptive GPU-based signal processing algorithms
- Experience with profiling and optimizing GPU code for performance
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)