Biomedical Equipment Technician II, Multi-Vendor Services, Los Angeles, CA
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Support Philips customers in the area. This position will be responsible for customer relationship management through the effective use of technical knowledge to install, troubleshoot, service, and maintain equipment at customer sites.
You are responsible for (but not limited to)
- Provides technical support to customers on operational or maintenance aspects of system equipment. Serves as customer contact on technical and service related problems.
- Diagnoses mechanical, hardware, software and systems failures using established procedures.
- Determines most cost effective repair/resolution to minimize customer downtime.
- Prepares reports for analysis of product failure trends and service ability issues.
- Stimulating and guiding of less complex world class field service processes.
- Operates relatively autonomous within procedures, methods and techniques
You are a part of a team
Working as part of our Global Sales and Service organization, you’ll benefit from the team’s growing breadth and depth of healthcare products and services portfolio, and be challenged to drive our best-in-class reputation through top customer experience ratings.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Associate Degree in electronics or equivalent combination of education and experience in the electronics industry, preferably in a field service environment. BSEE/BSEET/BSME/BSMET preferred.
- 3 or more years of experience troubleshooting and repairing biomedical equipment
- Understand and apply electronic, mechanical and networking theory to install, diagnose and repair equipment including knowledge and use of all necessary tools and test equipment. Understanding of mechanical theory preferred.
- Strong organizational skills, self-disciplined and the ability to work independently and communicate effectively with various levels of employees and customers both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively operate in a team driven environment to achieve assigned goals and objectives.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics and site drawings with minimal assistance
- Have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
In return, we offer you
We offer you a dynamic working environment in an innovative business, which offers you excellent opportunities to further develop and fully exploit your talents. This job comes with a competitive salary, excellent benefits and up-to-date training.
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position. Candidates need to live within the territory or within commuting distance to Los Angeles, CA
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)