Verification & Validation Engineer
Our Venture Team in Radiology Solutions needs YOU. Our team runs a portfolio of strategic ventures within the Radiology healthcare specialty at Philips. These entrepreneurial enterprises are run as startups within our Integrated Radiology (IR) portfolio, with a mandate to design, develop, and deliver Minimal Viable Solutions in targeted growth segments.
As a Test Engineer, you will work closely with our Product, Engineering, Quality and Compliance teams. You will be creating test plans and writing test scripts to ensure software/hardware quality for our end users. You should be comfortable working in an agile and fast-paced environment.
You are responsible for
- Working within a global agile team that is encouraged to take calculated business risks, make independent decisions, and pivot fast as needed
- Work cross-functionally to understand requirements and stay up to date with feature development
- Write and execute test plans to ensure the product/services are validated
- Responsible for building of test automation frameworks and solutions
- Making sure designs meet requirements, and delivering high quality software on tight schedules
- Maintain a traceability matrix to ensure critical features are validated
- Help identify where we can better leverage automation to improve our overall software quality
- Working with cross functional teams including Design, Marketing, Quality, Compliance & Regulatory
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- 7+ years of experience on test discipline, test strategy, test automation
- Write backend integration tests and tests for RESTful APIs
- Develop frameworks and automated test cases using tools like Selenium
- Strong experience in application life cycle management tools like ALM/PTC/TFS used for verification activities
- Strong technical understanding of web-based technologies (React, Angular, AngularJS, etc.) and attention to detail
- Good understanding of the defect management procedures and tools
- Able to guide the team on these
- Experience in the healthcare serviceability/operations domain is preferred
- Good understanding of SAFe Framework
- Experience in LEAN methodologies
- Experience in architecting and building of test automation frameworks and solutions
- Demonstrated understanding of problem solving and quality improvement techniques
- Good understanding of the product’s end user perspective and inculcate it to the team
- Strong organizational, stake holder management and communication skills - effectively communicate with technical and non-technical staff
- Possess the drive to share & learn
- Strong Quality Management System knowledge
- Experience in healthcare industry
- Prior experience in managing the verification and validation (V&V) for a product/service
- Knowledge on the healthcare standards and its relevance to verification and validation activities
- Good understanding/experience of the healthcare/Interoperability standards
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position. Candidates need to live within the territory or within commuting distance to this location
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)