Scientist - AI Based Medical Ultrasound Imaging Analysis
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Carry out industrial research in medical ultrasound applications using AI methods.
You are responsible for
- Develop novel algorithms for medical ultrasound using machine learning/deep learning techniques
- Prepare and process ultrasound data
- Propose and develop new algorithms
- Conduct extensive validation of the proposed algorithms
- Work with clinical customers to develop study protocols
- Document the work and contribute to the publication of the work
You are a part of
A team of scientists within Philips Research Labs, Cambridge, focusing on the development of tools to improve medical ultrasound; We work closely with clinicians to validate our solutions.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Ph.D. in Computer Science / Electrical / Biomedical / Mechanical Engineering or Mathematics is required.
- Must have hands-on experience with classical and modern machine learning techniques.
- Extensive experience with deep learning tools and frameworks (e.g. TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, etc.).
- Knowledge of image processing tools and algorithms
- Proficiency in one of the following programming languages: Python, C++.
- Familiarity/experience collaborating with healthcare professionals
- Experience in medical ultrasound technologies and applications
- Able to work within a team environment and should be self-motivated with the ability to plan and execute.
- Able to communicate in English effectively, both written and verbal.
In return, we offer you
We are happy to provide an opportunity to work with one of the strongest research labs in the world and deliver solutions that will have a direct impact on patient care. You will be part of a flexible team of highly skilled professionals that are able to find an excellent work-life balance. Just think, the solutions you develop will be aimed at improving the lives of healthcare professionals and the patients they are treating.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)