3.3 | Cambridge, MA | Hospital & Health Care | 10000+ Employees

Posted 2 months ago on Sept. 8, 2020

Software Competency Lead

Full-time in Cambridge, MA
Philips is a hospital & health care company headquartered in the Cambridge, MA area with 10000+ employees. Philips has a 3.3-star InHerSight Score, based on 1,197 ratings from 83 employees. Employees have left 23 comments about their experiences working for the company on InHerSight.

Software Competency Lead

In this role, you have the opportunity to

Build a network of influence and become an assessor, thought leader and trusted advisor in a wide range of Software Excellence initiatives by the Philips SW CoE. Work jointly with the SW CoE team to execute the global improvement initiatives with a special focus on improving the reach/coverage of these initiatives in USA.

You are responsible for

• Implementing current SW Excellence programs
  • Generating ideas and research for new SW Excellence programs
  • Generating ideas and research to improve current SW Excellence programs
  • Supporting software people and the businesses that surround them in continuous improvement of speed and quality
  • Being a role model, advocate and publicist for SW Excellence

You are a part of

The Philips Software Centre of Excellence competencies team with diverse technical abilities and backgrounds. This team used a combination of top down, bottom up and middle-out approaches and exploits formal and informal influence channels to achieve their goals. We are all passionate about software.

To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience/Preferred Skills:

• Master’s degree or equivalent professional experience
  • Experience of all aspects software product development and teaching, learning and influencing in these areas
  • Experience of multiple programming languages, OSs, infrastructures, technology stacks and product types
  • Clear communication, passion and tact
  • Awareness of the intersections of business, technical and human concerns

• US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa
  • Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position. Candidates need to live within the territory or within commuting distance to this location

In return, we offer you

The Opportunity to sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we are used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further

It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.

Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran