Drafter/Designer, Philips Healthcare, (Latham,NY.)
You are responsible for:
- Must know Autodesk Inventor or equivalent solid modeling software
- Applies a working knowledge of drafting standards and methods, geometric dimensioning & tolerancing.
- Aptitude in computer aided parametric solid modeling design and detailing.
- Act as detailer to produce assembly drawings, detail drawings, and layouts based on input from Designers and/or Engineering.
- Gathering technical inputs from all disciplines as required while performing tasks
- Review drawings for accuracy, conformance to project requirements, manufacturability and established company practices and procedures.
- Modify drawings in accordance with approved Engineering Changes
- Handle multiple assignments.
- Provide technical support to resolve problems in manufacturing, procurement and the field.
- Useful knowledge of manufacturing processes, materials and their applications.
- Working knowledge of computers, plotters, printers and other devices used for CAD.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Two-year technical education and three plus years relevant design/drafting experience.
- Possesses high technical aptitude and the ability to; visualize physical forms, develop feasible configurations, and understand engineering information.
- Displays good judgment in determining when to obtain engineering input.
- Works with minimal direction.
- Possesses creative abilities
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)