Pendo logo

Pendo

3.9 | Raleigh, NC | Computer Software | 201 to 500 Employees

A message from Pendo

Pendo’s mission is to help companies make great software products, and we need people of all backgrounds to support that important work. Learn more

Posted 2 months ago on Sept. 16, 2020

Account Manager

Full-time in Raleigh, NC
See at-a-glance how well companies like Pendo support the things that are important to you.
4.8
4.2
Pendo is a computer software company headquartered in the Raleigh, NC area with 201 to 500 employees. Pendo has a 3.9-star InHerSight Score, based on 523 ratings from 32 employees. Employees have left 4 comments about their experiences working for the company on InHerSight.

Pendo is seeking a hardworking, driven, and dynamic individual to join our Subscription Success team. At Pendo, renewals are at the heart of our success as a company, and as a Corporate Subscription Success Specialist, you will be an integral part of driving performance in our company’s core business strategy by focusing on renewing our relationships with customers and ensuring they have the subscription they need to achieve positive business outcomes.

A renewal serves as an incredibly important breakthrough moment to celebrate and reflect on the past while also plan for the future. You will partner with customers and multiple internal stakeholders (e.g., Account Executives, Customer Success Managers, Finance, Legal, etc.) to ensure value is realized and that our customers are set up for continued success with their subscription.

To succeed on our team, you will need strong sales, operations, and analytical skills, as well as drive and discipline to lead, forecast, and execute on your pipeline with high efficiency.  This is a quota carrying position.

Responsibilities (what you’ll do):

• Develop deep expertise and understanding of Pendo’s products, GTM strategy, and standards for pricing and negotiating renewals and expansion.
  • Research customer contracts and purchasing history in order to build timely and accurate quotes for renewals within your book of business.
  • Manage your opportunity pipeline from week to week, providing accurate and timely forecasts to management.
  • Attain quarterly targets for bookings in your book of business, on-time renewals, and overall critical renewal and expansion metrics.
  • Increase penetration in book of business through existing product portfolio and new offers.
  • Participate in account reviews and planning.
  • Manage the transaction process from quote through PO.
  • Handle billing disputes and questions.
  • Identify when technical guidance might be needed to secure a renewal.
  • Understand customer procurement process
  • Work cross-functionally to develop renewal and expansion strategy and execution plans.

Qualifications (what you have):

• Minimum 2 years experience in a Renewal Specialist position or similar/related function (e.g. Technology Inside Sales, Sales Operations, Services Renewals) that includes direct customer interaction. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a numerate, technical or business discipline.
  • Technology sales experience in a subscription model environment, with a proven track record.
  • Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to handle conflict.
  • Competency with sales pipeline management and CRM tools, including salesforce.com.
  • Strong negotiation skills.
  • Ability to discuss and close multi-year deals.
  • Excellent executive level communication and presentation skills.
  • Approaches work with empathy and a creative, problem-solving mindset
  • Self-motivated, proactive, energetic team player
  • Takes an active interest in increasing customer happiness and deepening customer relationships
  • Extraordinary time and process management skills, ensuring nothing slips through the cracks
  • Treats work like a craft, constantly honing and refining skills to adapt to an ever-changing landscape

Pink, Perks, and Such:

Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success.  Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.

Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.

Benefits:

• Company Equity
  • Health benefits 100% covered for your entire family. 100% dental and vision coverage for employee
  • Open vacation policy
  • Free weekly lunches and fully stocked kitchen with drinks, goodies and balanced snacks
  • Frequent company and team-building events
  • Free parking or monthly stipend for other modes of transportation (biking, walking, do you skate?)
  • Lots of company swag...hope you like pink!

Best private cloud companies to work for, we're #1

What makes Pendo culture special

We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams in which everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.