This position works with multiple stakeholders to analyze requirements and develop innovative, high-visibility mission critical network solutions. This position is responsible for the design, development and testing of network services used by PACCAR employees, dealers, customers and shareholders.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
* Lead and develop department’s technical vision and strategy of major aspects of the PACCAR network including WAN/LAN, Wireless/Mobility, Unified Communications, and SAN.
* Lead and expand global strategies to implement new technologies based on developed vision.
* Present new and emerging technologies to management through vendor presentations and/or personal experiences which provide financial benefit or increase productivity.
* Lead and work with peers in cross-functional teams globally.
* Mentor team members in effective troubleshooting of network related problems.
* Develop PACCAR network standards and publish RFCs as requested.
* 3rd level support on PACCAR’s network infrastructure and its peripheral equipment. Document network problems and resolution for future reference.
* Up to 25% travel.
* 5-7 years of experience working at an enterprise level network.
* Proven track record in the design of secure enterprise level networks.
* Expert knowledge of TCP/IP applications and protocols, MPLS, BGP, OSPF, HSRP, STP.
* Experience with IPSEC and SSL based VPN equipment.
* Strong knowledge of IP switched storage networks.
* Experience with converge network LAN/SAN desired.
* Experience with Cloud Solutions (AWS and Azure)
* Experience with SD-WAN technology and designs
* Firewall administration experience a plus.
* Knowledge of or interest in network design/architecture.
* Understanding of current and emerging wireless network technology in an enterprise setting.
* Knowledge in security including authentication and encryption protocols.
* Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation) and strong analytical abilities.
* Cisco Certifications: CCNA, CCNP, CCIE or CISSP desired.
* Availability to travel up to 25%.
Bachelor degree in related field strongly desired
Additional Job Board Information
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability.