PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of premium light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services, you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
PACCAR Leasing, a PACCAR division, was founded in 1980 to provide premium Kenworth and Peterbilt vehicles to leasing and rental customers. PacLease is one of the fastest-growing commercial truck leasing companies in the transportation industry. With independent and company-owned locations throughout the United States and Canada, PacLease provides customized full-service lease, rental, and contract maintenance programs designed to meet your specific fleet needs.
PACCAR Leasing Company is seeking motivated applicants for the position of experienced apprentices and Class A Technician. Our PacLease Technicians assume a high level of responsibility, supporting our field teams in their delivery of client services while consistently providing high quality work. This position is critical to the success of PACCAR's company stores, providing excellent customer service in every day activity. This position will perform a variety of skilled tasks including proper maintenance, repair, overhaul and adjustment to any part(s) of a diesel or gasoline powered truck or tractor. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, independent worker. The candidate must possess a valid Driver's License and have basic knowledge of the Ministry of Transportation rules and requirements.
The scheduled shift for this position is 2nd shift: 2:30 pm to 11:00 pm. Employees who work 2nd shift qualify for a 5% shift differential.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
* Perform diagnostic inspections on general truck-tractor systems utilizing both mechanical diagnostics and system software diagnostics.
* Perform preventative maintenance inspection of truck-tractor components.
* Perform repairs to truck-tractor components.
* Complete required paperwork to reflect hours, parts and lube, which are utilized within each job function.
* Ability to work with little or no supervision.
* Make road calls when component failure is in remote location.
* Ability to work in a team based environment.
* Provide superior customer service to clients.
* 8+ years of truck-trailer experience.
* DOT and CDL license required.
* Safety conscious and knowledge of general shop safety.
* Membership to the Ontario College of Trades.
* Capable of completing job functions and without repeat repairs.
* Basic knowledge of Ministry of Transportation rules and requirements.
* Computer literate.
* Act with Integrity
* Demonstrate Adaptability
* Drive for Results
* Influence Others
* Lead Innovation and Quality Initiatives
* Manage Execution
* Manage Talent
* Use Sound Judgment / Business Acumen
* Technical Acumen
* High School Diploma required.
Additional Job Board Information
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability.